Making my first attempt.

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by trapboy1017, Apr 19, 2010.

1. The first time I was going to try to grow a plant I was going to buy an Areogarden. That plan was nixed due to insufficient funds. So now I have a pot, a lamp, bulb, water and soil. The question is where do I start? Of course I have seeds.

My mom will aid me in this process since she is the gardener of my household. I told her what I wanted to grow and she seems to not care. I guess she wants me to grow a green thumb too.

I have a 60W bulb to start out with. And she got me miracle grow organic soil (something like that). With the nutrients already in it.

I just want to know how to start it off before I go mess up something in the beginning and wonder why nothing grew in the first place. Appreciate it!

2. Welcome. This is also my first grow, I'll help to the best of my ability.

First off: you do not wanna use that soil. You'll run in to problems later. You really don't even need nutes until about a month in or so.

Second, that light. 60W CFL? Note, with CFL's there is an actual wattage and an equivalent (ie; 100W equivalent is only 23/25W real). You want to do about 100W real per plant, then add 30 or so for each plant you add.

Another thing is that there are TONS of different CFL's. You want 6500K for the veg state when you start. You can usually find the "k" rating on the box. Lowes is a great place to get lights. You can find a 4-pack of 23W actuals (about 100W total) for your plant for $10.

Good luck.