Making Money

Discussion in 'General' started by smoke blunts, Jan 24, 2010.

1. #1 smoke blunts, Jan 24, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 24, 2010
    Hey GC,

Everyone loves making money. Let's use this as a thinktank for coming up with clever ways to make money for those who don't have all the time/resources in the world. I'll keep this as short and straightforward as possible.

1. I'm 19 years old, and I go to college full time.
    2. I work part time while at college.
    3. I'm not in classes at the moment because I'm on co-op (40 hrs/week).
    4. I'm saving $5000 throughout my co-op, which ends right before July.

And no, I'm not going to sell bud. Too much risk to put on my future. How can I use my money to invest and make more? What do some of you do?

2. Different ideas I've had-

1. Wholesaling. Something I would wholesale typically would be something I know a decent amount about. I'm a HUGE baseball fan, and I analyze players' performances through sabermetrics, which are certain metrics the average sports fan know nothing about. Sabermetrics allow me to discover fluke in some players' performances, bad/good luck in others', and improvements in others'. Basically, I could use my baseball know-how to find a player poised for a breakout, buy up a ton of his jerseys now, and wait until the 2010 season where his value will skyrocket.

2. Wholesaling other things. What will always have solid demand and/or have clear, established selling trends? I'm just critical of wholesaling because I just can't see the catch- what is the catch? I can buy a "high quality, X amount of threads, X material, X colors" Peyton Manning captain-style jersey for dirt cheap. If it's really high quality and all that, how come others haven't caught on?

3. Stocks. Looked into it, have a book on it, haven't gotten all the time yet to read it over. Definitely something I'm considering.

What say you GC?? Let's become rich together!

3. What is your major? Perhaps something that goes along with whatever you are majoring in. You seem like you already answered your question for yourself. Your first option to buy based on your prediction and then turn it over the next year however does that account for the likelihood of an injury? I would hate for an injury to leave you with a lot of merchandise.

Perhaps you might be able to do something with a Fantasy League with your diagnostics? Fantasy leagues are getting big and seem to be on the upswing so something along those lines might be a good investment.

Stay out of the stock markets...it is all funny money anyway. JMO

4. Do some Forex

5. I do fantasy leagues. Unfortunately, too many aspects in that to put my money on. People who just so happened to grab a Mark Reynolds last year won leagues that they shouldn't have. For what it's worth, I won last year, but I feel like as good as I am with baseball analysis, that's closer to gambling than it is to investing.

I'd love to follow through with my predictions and buy up jerseys. I was going to do it last year with Zack Greinke, and I totally should have- he put up one of the best pitching seasons since vintage Pedro. The problem with baseball jerseys is I just can't find a quality site with large quantities of particular players like I can with football.

I'm a business major, triple concentration. Entrepreneurship / Finance / (1 of Supply Chain Mgmt / Management Info. Systems / Marketing)

Forex? Elaborate!

6. FOREX.com

Currency trading, plus it gets your money out of the dollar.

7. Lol. ForEx.

I feel like a fucking dumbass asking for elaboration.

8. Lol I almost just gave you this
    Let me google that for you

9. recycle scrap
    copper and aluminum is best

10. I have a few pennies on my paypal, and i was looking somewhere to invest it on the net, thinking about forex but dont really want to..

11. yo heres how we do it round here... after a friday or saturday night hit up your local super market and grab a shopping cart. now go around to all the local parks and there should be lots of cans and bottles hopefully there not broken. alright so collect em up in your cart and when it gets full hit up the beerstore. (any roaches you find are bonus!!!!)

usually make enough money to get drunkk