Making LSA from morning glory seeds???

Discussion in 'General' started by leodicapario, Aug 4, 2006.

1. http://www.neonjoint.com/drug_recipes/chapter13.html.. great extraction method from what i am reading.. anyone ever had any experience with it? im just wondering because a friend of mine pointed this out to me and i was thinkin about tryin it out, maybe makin a bunch of hits, ya know ya know....

2. I havn't been sure where to post this information, as there doesn't seem to be alot of active study being done on LSA extraction. I myself have been looking through all the posibilities of various chemicals to use as the polar and non-polar solvents in extracting from morning glories the wanted psychadelic, while leaving behind the headache inducing and fisheye causing crap.

Many people report upset stomach and headaches even when using extraction methods and I think the reasons behind this are from two things very related:
    1. Impatience(allow the first solvent to dry)
    2. Improper chemicals used in first phase of solvent use

Now the first solvent most commonly used for extraction method is usually the widely available Naptha(lighter fluid). This is not stuff you want to have inside a drug you ingest! It contains large amounts of cancer causing agents that in small amounts will cause effects similar to the negative effects of morning glories and thus you can not be sure if your causing permanent damage, or just having a bum trip from natural ingredients.....What is the solution you may ask? Well first I thought I'd stumbled upon a definite answer, but then like Alice down the rabbit hole I found even better solutions...First was Mineral Spirits which is basically the same as Naptha only it has been further proccessed to remove bad stuff, but then I came upon an even better solution! Odorless Mineral Spirits!!! This stuff is widely available online in art supply sites and more then likely at your own local art supply store....It's worth it! the brand I've found that I will try is "GAMBLIN Gamsol Odorless Mineral Spirits" which is marketed as being safe to be used by artists who will more then likely have ALOT of contact with it....or in otherwords it dries CLEANLY.

Now for more info...Do the extraction in a basement(and ventilate!!) and don't use bright white lighting(dim red light like a darkroom has), this will reduce the loss of LSA's which are sensitive to light and heat. When grinding seeds take your time, as even though you may not realize it(especially when using an electric grinder) you are generating heat which again destroys the LSA's. If storing in a fridge(I myself keep one in basement for bulk food) remove the lightbulb or wrap your concotions in aluminum foil to close off from any light produced. Now second off don't follow the wood grain alcohol thing...don't even try to find it, just go for something that is again non-toxic and can do the job like 190proof everclear which if you can't find it at your local liquor store then it can be found at centralliquors.com for relatively cheap(I only found one other online source and it was about $10 more)...if for some reason you won't or can't buy that you can use 151 proof everclear and AGAIN if for some odd reason non of those alcohol's is good for you the last ditch effort is 151 proof rum(this is the worst of the bunch as it has alot of extra crap to add to what is prolly allready a nasty enough tasting stuff...just friggin get the 190proof everclear for petes sake!).

As always do your homework, I strongly suggest erowid FAQ's for extraction processes(along with my added info on different solvents) and I VERY strongly suggest you read up on others experiences with this stuff B4 you try it.....Don't believe many of the unsuccesful reports as most of these people prolly had LOTS of light, heat, and impatience during the extraction proccess SO as long as you follow the rules you will be succesful SO DON'T TAKE TOO MUCH, start at small doses to find your personal threshold and go from there.

Happy trails.......any questions?

3. That's the same tek from the anarchist cook book. I've always heard it's about the worst one around.

Erowid has much better teks for LSA extraction.

4. Very much agreed. Here is the link:

http://www.erowid.org/plants/morning_glory/morning_glory_faq.shtml#prep

This method will prevent chemical poisoning, and it takes out the headache and ill effects from other biproducts contained in the seeds.

5. I agree with these sentiments exactly...follow the erowid extraction proccess but don't use Naptha, use mineral spirits with 100% aliphatic compounds as these are purposefully made to not have circular molecules or in other words minimal benzene content(benzene=bad=Naptha)