Making low end mid grades high end?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by austyn12, Aug 8, 2012.

1. #1 austyn12, Aug 8, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 8, 2012
    If i were to take out the male parts when i grew it from bag seeds could i make it more dank? Almost like a low end dank ?

2. It would most likely be better than what you bought, but most likely not dank unless the seeds came from dank. While the grower does have influence on taste and potency, genetics play a major role as well.

3. Taking male parts from a plant? Is still a male.

I dont understand your question at all.

4. Google "sensimilla"

5. you know when they sext? take off all the male parts of the plant.

6. ty for help ill rep you

7. these buds look like shitty grown dank buds so it probably is.

8. MJ plants are either male or female, or they could be a mutant of sorts and have both (hermaphrodite). If you have male parts then you have either a male or a hermie. Removing male parts from a male won't do anything, you still won't get bud. Removing male parts from a hermie is possible but is risky and should be considered only a last resort, not you main strategy.

Germ the seeds, grow them out to the point you can sex them, when you can identify the males you should kill them immediately so that you end up with only females. Females produce smokeable bud, males only impregnate females and cause the buds to be full of seeds.

9. A female plant does not have male parts. A male plant does not have female parts.

If you get one with both its a hermie. Thats something we all try to avoid normally.

10. [quote name='rhapsodyrcks']A female plant does not have male parts. A male plant does not have female parts.

If you get one with both its a hermie. Thats something we all try to avoid normally.[/QUOTE

k ty

11. If you do end up with a male, you can increase the potency of the pot by decarbing it.

Decarboxylation step-by-step decarboxylation (article- undated)
    [FONT=&quot]Decarboxilation

[/FONT] THC Decarboxylation (news – 2010)
    [FONT=&quot]Science of Smoking: THC Decarboxylation | 420tainment[/FONT]

And depending on the strain, males can be just as potent as their sisters!

Cultivation of Cannabis sativa L. in northern Morocco. (abst – 2005)
    [FONT=&quot]Cultivation of Cannabis sativa L. in northern Moro... [Bull Narc. 2005] - PubMed - NCBI[/FONT]

"In addition, the present study establishes that male plants, often considered deficient in delta-9-THC, contain levels of the same order as those recorded for female plants, both in the leaves and in the tops."

Granny :wave: