Making Hash

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by Ganja_Farmer, Jul 18, 2008.

1. Ok, i found this video on youtube.. http://youtube.com/watch?v=0n6WW2gzwJc
    i have some male plants i want to make hash out of.. at the beggining he says they have been dryed bagged and frozen, so do i just cut off the leaves, leave them in a cool dark place to dry from about a week?

and how long do you freeze it for? if its actually worth freezing?

2. freezing is important, it gets the trich heads brittle and ready to separate. Dry the trim like u would dry bud. The more trichy the material the better ur hash will be. If its just fan leaves with no trichs u wont get good hash IMO

3. Kool how long should i freeze it for? im guessing i should dry it for like a week.

4. Do you freeze first or dry first?

5. dry first.

6. you cant make hash out of male plants theres no trichomes or thc.....

hash is made by using trimmings that came came directly from the bud sites. these leaves are coated in broken trichs and oils and after treating in a freezer will break off and can be worked into hash. It doesnt hurt to use fan leaves from fem plants too because they often have some trichs on them.

Male plants however have NO thc and will not produce any hash

7. Its a waste of time using males man, trust me. The first grow I ever did a few years back produced nothing but males. I tried to make hash and got .25 grams out of probably close to a quarter pound of trimmings and 2 hours of work.

8. use em for brownies

9. Your actually wrong there is so thc in males. Just not as much. Dont tell people shit like that.:mad: And you can make hash with males.

10. If I am just using a silk screen to get kief then make hash, should I just dry them then screen them for kief? Or should I freeze them before i screen them?

11. just not as much.. more like nothing for the amount of time it would take to trim and discard everything.