Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Making Hash Tincture?

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by visionaries, Apr 12, 2013.

1. Hey there, I was looking for some advice as I have never made tincture before. Most of them suggest using herb, but I am going to be using hash. I have a couple questions and hopefully there is a fellow blade who has the answers for me!

Would 2g per 1oz of alcohol be strong enough ?
    IS there any opinion on using another alcohol versus everclear?

And basically, I am looking at decarbing this hash, warming the alcohol and performing the extraction. To be safe I will let it sit at least a week or so. Does this sound right?

thanks, and sorry if too many questions at once.
    Can't wait to have some kickass tincture :wave:

2. What is that? Honest question ...bud booze?

3. #3 visionaries, Apr 23, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 23, 2013
    ???

Sorry I had misread what you were saying and thought you were making fun of me for trying to make 'bud booze' which is essentially what tincture is, only the difference in my mind is that I am nt making the tincture to get any alcohol buzz off, the alcohol is just a means of extracting the THC.

by making the alcohol extract of the THC super strong, I can get mad ripped off like 10 little drops of it, without feeling any sort of alcohol buzz. It's very convenient

4. No I honestly had no idea, had heard of it but never looked into it.

OK so its like that super concatenated oil? Or completely different?

5. Tincture is another name for an infused liquid. In some cases, a tincture can be comprised of a food-grade vegetable glycerine base or it can use high proof liquor (generally 190 proof everclear). I've even seen a tincture using spearmint extract as a base. Plant material is soaked in EC (or some other food-grade carrier/solvent), the essentials are extracted and the 'spent' plant material is removed (but not discarded).

Because the THC-laden trichromes are what we're after, tincture represents a method for getting the most out of your cannabis. It removes the 'middle man', so to speak, because we're getting a lot of the stuff we want without having to smoke all that plant matter. The high is different than smoking, but the duration is impressive (and I smoke a lot of weed), lasting 4 to 8 hours dependent on tolerance, quality of tincture and the amount consumed.

WildWill has a thread detailing glycerine tincture.

PsychedelicSam has an excellent thread on cold extraction tincture.

BadKittySmiles has a mind-blowing thread on all things edible, which contains subsections on tinctures.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Ohhhhh I understand more than I did before, thanks

Now i wanna do it

7. Good! My advice would be: DON'T CUT CORNERS.

Trying to get ahead of the process results in wasted plant material and bad batches.

• Like Like x 1
  8. You guys better rep GreenPhoenix.

9. That's kind of you to say. Thank you! :)

10. I want to but I can't with the app less u know how if possible?

Any links to threads on how to make it?

• Like Like x 1
  11. Thanks! Still having trouble finding information about using hash instead of green though..I was hoping for someone's own experience

Either way, I ended up smoking all the hash because it was just sitting around waiting to be puffed on

Thanks for the links since I am out of hashish I will make it with some herbage.
    I appreciate the help guys.

12. For future reference, you can dissolve hash in alcohol just like you'd soak the buds. It's all the same stuff, right? Just concentrated. Be careful with your dosing. :D