Making hash from kief question!

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by The Green Toker, Apr 16, 2010.

1. #1 The Green Toker, Apr 16, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 16, 2010
    I found a video on the internet showing a guy take a plastic bag, cut a strip out of it, pour all your hash in and fold the plastic over. Then roll out the kief then heat up a knife for about 5 seconds and press down the kief. Will doing this process make the kief more potent? :smoke:

I'm buying a quarter tomorrow and I'm going to grind it all up, take the kief and make some hash this way!! I'll post up pics. Not smoking any till 420 though, ok maybe just a test :smoke:

2. No. Gring up pot and then pressing it is not making hash. To make hash, after you grind up your 1/4, you need to sift you the resin. It is this resin that is then pressed and heated into hash. After sifting, do not throw away the remaining plant amterial. It's still good to smoke most times.

3. Pressing it does not make it more potent it just makes it easier to handle since it will be in a nice little brick rather than a powder. As Dirivenone stated merely grinding up bud and then pressing it is not making hash - you need to extract the trichorome heads first. A cheap and easy way to do this is just with a small silk screen that you can generally find at art supply stores.