making feminized seeds no pollen ??

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Insutama, Mar 4, 2013.

1. So i sprayed 1 of my 5 plants with silver spray since i went to flowering and i stoped spraying the plant when it was full of pollen sacs now its been 6 weeks into flowering alot of the pollen sacs are open but i see no pollen anywere did i not spray the plant long enough ?

2. Ya if the sacs are growing you can stop spraying let the plant go longer in flowering so it can develop the seeds. Are you trying to make seeds with all your plants or just this one?

3. sometimes you can get male flowers that grow empty and do not have pollen

its usually pretty easy to spot, those little flowers give off a surprising amount of bright yellow dust, usually very noticeable directly underneath

4. Sometimes if its banana sacks in the buds you wont see the pollen

5. im wondering were i went wrong? i sprayed the bud with the siver spray once a day the leaves kinda went yellow and curled up on the plant i was spray i stopped spraying after the balls had formed and the balls are opening up but no pollen do you think this is the way the seeds were made so you cant reproduce seeds and have to keep buying seeds from them ? or did i do somthing wrong im very dissapointed i was hoping to have a lifetime suppply of white widow seeds lol

6. I don't know, but I doubt it. I think people are far better off just using a male and female and stop playing god. I currently have a male and female white widow, they were both picked from 10 seeds, I'll be making some seeds in a couple of months, if you want some ill post a few to you

7. I don't have any expirience with silver spray,but heppend to me befor empty male flowers,and the next day other flowers with alot of polen.Just keep looking.

8. Feminized seeds are more convenient if you dont have the space for weeding out males. Cannabis plants with hermi if there left in flower to long and will start producing there own seeds to carry on probably a reason why the plant is still around. Not really playing god silver just brings it on faster. It would be like flowering before the plant is matured.

9. sounds like you did it right.. take a few sacks off that didnt pop open and put them on a glass slide and manually pop them open with tweezers. usually you can stop spraying at first signs of sacks and it will grow quite a few then will attempt to grow female flowers again after you stop spraying.

10. yeh better off using a male and female imo. but when you find a strain you love and dont have many seeds, then making fem seeds is all you can do until you can find a good male of the same strain, which could take quite a few seeds.

when i start a new strain i only order 1 or 2 seeds... i make fem seeds from them if its full female and no signs of herm and put a clone under a stress test to see how strong it is. you can end up with the most crappy pheno out of a strain, but then make and plant your fem seeds and end up with all the other phenos also to select a perfect mom of that strain :)

11. making clones is even more convenient. you will have a very uniform garden, you will know what yo expect so no hidden surprises, you can easily make as many as you want with a week's notice, you can have as little veg time as you want

when I buy a new breed I buy at least 10 seeds. I grow these out and clone them all. then flower the originals, bin the males, and their corresponding clones.

I find out of the 10 seeds I get 1 or 2 plants that are a clear cut above the rest, a few average ones and a couple that are clearly runts. I pick my favorite once they have been harvested, dried n tried. I use the corresponding clone as a mother plant to make future clones for several years, or when I get bored of the breed

sometimes I keep a favorite male clone too so I can breed it with my best female to make a stack of seeds that go in to storage.

this is why I never advise anyone to buy just one or two seeds, what if they got one of the runts? they would never know. I believe a minimum of 10 seeds gives you a fighting chance of getting a really good one. and as cloning is so convenient I don't see any need for feminised seeds

12. I was nearly finished with my harvest of Pure Power Plants when I read about the Rodelization method for creating feminized seeds so I thought, "What the hell, and left a dozen buds on the plant and since it was my last one, made sure it was shocked good a couple ways. I messed with the light schedule by going from 12/12 to 24/0 for two days then 12/12 for two then 18/6, plus I let it get too cold (58 F) one night and day followed by a hot (85 F) the next night, then followed by 62 F that day and so on for a week. Then I let her go back to 12/12 and 78 F
    Sure enough, they hermied and so waited to see what would happen with the buds for another 4 weeks. I have not checked them all yet, but of the eight buds I checked so far I have found seven seeds. Big fat seeds 2 1/2 times the size of the original seeds from the seed banks (back in the 60's and 70's we used to consider large size a good sign in a seed because it meant the seed was well developed) and they are all a medium roast coffee brown color with dark black spots (two other things we considered good signs in a seed way back in the prehistoric times). And I saved the bud remains and stopped to use an 1/8 to make hash brownies which is why I didn't finish looking for seeds, first I stopped to make the brownies, then I ate one hot covered with ice cream and got wasted off my gourd. That was 6 hours ago and I am still wasted.
    Anyway by the Rodelization method, the hermied female produces male flowers in an attempt to self pollinate and the male flower is full of female pollen because the plant is female. Female to female parentage creates feminized seeds.
    I can hardly wait to try them. Feminized Pure Power Plant seeds.
    Just one problem and I cannot find an answer for some reason: I know that some plant seeds absolutely cannot be replanted right away no matter if you control the indoor climate. Some seeds need a certain amount of time to become viable, some need a good freeze before becoming viable, certain cases even require heat from a fire first! But what about medical marijuana seeds? Do they require XX number of months before being germinated or being exposed to cold to become viable first? I am storing them in the refrigerator with my other seeds currently.

13. I keep mine refrigerated for two months before using. this gives them a 100% germination rate in my experience. without the refrigeration time some don't hatch. probably just keeping them for a couple of months works too, I mean without refrigeration, but I keep all my seeds in my fridge anyway. I have 10 year old seeds in there that still sprout just fine

14. I just found two seeds in some really good blue dream I pulled them straight from the buds and put them in a paper towel One sprouted and grew a leave set in the paper towel in 4 days I have never seen that happen it must really wanted to grow. The other didnt sprout but was smaller so may have been immature. No idea how long the buds were cured though.