Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Making Edibles Without the smell?

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by Nut Nugget, Sep 18, 2012.

1. Hey guys so I got caught a few months ago and have been clean since then. (I'll be kicked out if caught smoking again and with school so damn expensive I don't want to move out just yet.) My parents and I did however did come to a compromise bieng I can make and consume edibles as long as there is no smell. There is someone at the house at all times so waiting until they leave is not an option. Is there any way to make any edibles without any smell whatsoever?

2. There is. The link in my signature is one means to do that. The smell associated with edibles comes from the heating of the pot. This method uses a freezer method and I'm currently doing an experiment on the need for decarb. I won't go in depth here, but this makes an alcohol extraction which can then be made into edibles as you see fit. If interested, check it out. No smell.:D

3. #3 trichome fiend, Sep 18, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 18, 2012
    ...extract your trichomes via dryice, then cook with the hash.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R_7zZLpVtrs[/ame]

4. The good news, is that when made properly, canna oil produces little to no odor! [​IMG]

It's often the following recipe, for the edible, that will produce the most odor. [​IMG]

However little time you have to work with, you'll make the most progress in a pure oil source, one that isn't
    contaminated with a lot of water and other ingredients.

In other words, the less time you have, and the more stealthy you need to be, the better off you are making a good oil/butter![​IMG]

When sealed with foil or oven bags and heated properly, and when allowed to cool before breaking your seal, you should
    not detect any odor during any heated stage of the oil making process. It can be made covertly in the oven, or on the
    stove top.

Even decarboxylation (activation of potency) does not need to produce odor, so long as your herb is heated and cooled properly.

These guides should help...

BadKat's Highly Activated & Bioavailable, Med-Grade Canna Oil (starting with flowers/bud/trim etc)

Med-Grade Canna Oil

[​IMG]

If you decide you really enjoy edibles (or concentrate for smoking/vaping [​IMG] ), these tutorials may inspire you a bit, as well...

BadKat's Highly Activated & Bioavailable, Med-Grade Cannabis Concentrate (Edible & Smokable recipes included... similar to Phoenix Tears & BHO, but made with food grade/drinking alcohol)

-Medical Grade Cannabis Concentrate-

[​IMG]

BadKat's Highly Activated & Bioavailable, Med-Grade Hash Oil (starting with dry-sift hash, same as capsule recipe, oil can also be used for cooking)

Med-Grade Hash Oil

[​IMG]

And a few ideas to get your creativity going... remember, once your oil is done, cold edibles will produce the least smell!

Truffles, potato salad, quickie canna peanut butter fudge, fruit salads... these and others like them below, are great
    cold and odorless recipes. :)

---

"An edible a day, keeps the doctor away!"

They beat apples! [​IMG]

Or they can include apples...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

'Pot'-tato Salad made with canna oil, half homemade hash mayo, and half store-bought mayo.
    Before adding the taters...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Canna S'mores, made with marshmallow, PB Canna Cookies, and Hashy Bars...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Truffles are super simple, they require three or four simple ingredients, they take about 10 minutes.. and no baking is required!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

You can skip the chocolate coating and the 'fuse' for the BOMBS, to make a much more simple PB fudge treat..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

'Hello Jello' (dragon/hash-tincture/oil infused, jello dessert treats)..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Some Aussie-style Hashy Meat Pie.... of the 'bacon cheeseburger' variety. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

(ALL of the food items in the photo below, have been infused with hash oil, canna oil, tincture, or all of the above! [​IMG] )

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

When the GC Techies got the photo albums back up, and running, I was thrilled!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

CannAmbrosia Fruit Salad made with tincture...

[​IMG]

Then, you have oil based drinkables...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And with a tincture, you can expand and 'lighten' your drinkable options... glycerin and alcohol tinctures do require
    more patience than oils, during processing, however.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

(And edible-drinkables [​IMG] )

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Candies are great, too...

-"Meddy" Moose Pops-

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

-Philosopher's STONES-

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Even sushi is easy!

Alcohol and glycerin hash tinctures in the sushi rice (which calls for mirin, a rice wine, sugar and vinegar... some
    sushi rice recipes also call for oil, so hash oil may be used as well), and a touch of alcohol tincture with the water,
    that is used to hydrate the wasabi. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

And if you want something really simple... just pop your oil into capsules when you're done!

This means after making your oil, if both odor and privacy are issues, capsules can be finished up right in your bedroom or a
    clean bathroom... (remember a good, pure oil will keep for months, sometimes YEARS when sealed well in a simple pantry,
    closet or cupboard. Same goes for capsules, and you can make a fresh batch of oil any time you're whipping up another recipe,
    and have an excuse to be in the kitchen for a little while [​IMG] ).

You can buy hundreds of empty capsules at local health food shops and grocery stores for less than $5 - $10 (for hundreds
    of potential doses), and a 'pipette', or even a simple syringe-style dental 'water pick' found at most grocery stores can be used
    to fill your caps.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

(Some smoking concentrate made the same way as the above caps, minus the oil of course, with a faster wash/rinse...)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

They are some of the cheapest, most discreet, and least-smelly edibles you can make, with the added benefit of an
    incredibly long shelf-life. Not to mention all the ingredients can be kept right in your room, and require no refrigeration. [​IMG]

And just when you thought that the liquor flavored "Kopper's Cordials" couldn't possibly get any better...

We turned around, and made them with Golden Dragon. After decarbing, a good Gold Dragon can be made
    right in your bedroom! [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Anyhow, these are just a few examples... but I think the post is probably quite long enough! [​IMG]

Good luck, and have fun! [​IMG] [​IMG]

-----

(PS - To keep this page from becoming redundant, please delete the above photos if you 'quote' this message
    to reply, for the sake of the members who visit the thread after you... it's happened in the past, two or three
    times on a single page in at least one case, and the results are not good!
    [​IMG] )

5. Thanks for the suggestions guys! Bad kitty that's a shitload of pics haha but they all look amazing