Making edibles with vaped bud???

Discussion in 'General' started by FreshlyBaked, Oct 27, 2013.

1. Anybody had any experience with this? Buddy if mine has got a SSV and we been vaping hard we got an oz of vaped high grades; but not too vaped sprinkles of green here'n there but mostly brown; was wondering if I could throw a few G's into a cookie mix or something then munch away? I cba making canna butter done it before takes long & the buds already activated right? When vaped that is...

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. Get your vaped bud, put in a clean jar with butter, put jar in saucepan of lightly simmering water and let infuse for a few hours,

Strain butter from gunk TADA vaped canabutter

The key to happiness - Sugar, Water and lastly, Purple

3. gunna tase funna

but yeah u can do something

4. Me and my buddy cooked some brownies last night; we had an ounce of ABV; apparently the recipe called for 2 tea spoons of Cana-oil that we had been cooking for 2 hours low temp stirring every so often; we put all the oil in cause we got baked as fuck and thought it would be good....the brownies didnt rise that much.. But!!! We got 16 decent sized out the batch.. I ate 2 the following morning.. This is my first time doing edibles... I WAS MIND RAPED; first 15mins I got a good buzz; 2 hours later I was tripping balls my heart was pumping out my chest and I was in & out of falling asleep; I've been heavily smoking weed for 3 years; not had a trip like this since I pulled a whitey (cause of tobacco) in my first year; the whole experience lasted 8 hours or so; trips a trip I liked it :D

5. #5 Kuollut, Nov 18, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2013
    Nice trip bro

6. Thanks! Don't think I'll be eating 2 next time though :s ....or maybe I'll just had less oil haha they we're way too strong

7. Even though it may seem fully decarbed, there are still parts of your Avb that isn't. Like the inside of the pieces. So when I make edibles from Avb, I make sure the stuff is like a powder by running I through the grinder. Then I decarb in a closed container in higher oven, 220f, for 5 minutes if darker, or 7 or 8 if it's greener stuff.

Then, once the container reaches room temperature, I put it into some coconut oil and seal the container again (I use a few layers of foil), and back into the oven at 220f again for 45 minutes. Then I wait for it to come to room temperature, open, and strain through cheesecloth in small portions to get all the oil out. Normally when I make edibles, I do the same process but I will cook my oil 3 to 4 times at 45 minutes with a freeze/thaw session in between( and a 15 to 20 minute decarb before I begin cooking).

Make sure it's an oven safe container. The wider the surface area of the oil when placed in the container, the better. Allows for a more even cook. If you're doing over an ounce of bud or Avb, a pie dish works excellently.

As for potency, Avb is about 3 times weaker than buds when cooking. So, can't give an exact dosage since that's impossible. But if 0.25g is a good dose for me with regular buds, 0.75 is usually similar.

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum mobile app

8. Thanks :)) yeah we made sure the oz of ABV was powder; we ground it up to dust then added it to the oil; I'm a HUGE coconut fan; I will be using the coconut oil next time and follow these steps! :D thanks a lot; I'll post just after Christmas how it goes!

9. Glad to help. Pm box is always open too, to anyone, so feel free to ask me questions there.

Looking forward to seeing how your next batch compares with your current.

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum mobile app