Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Making edibles with vape cartridge oil?

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by Ragdoll, Apr 27, 2019.

1. Anyone know how to go about this or if it’s possible? I only have an oven to work with, but I have a .5g cartridge that just does not get me high when I vape it, just gives me the smallest of buzzes. So I was wondering if I could open up the cart and use the oil in some cooking dough batter or something? Note I have never made edibles so sorry if I’m missing some key info here.

Any help would be appreciated

2. No it often is mixed with ej mix type stuff to make it into vape liquid

3. Making edibles is probably possible, assuming the cartridge material is digestible and not harmful.
    Edibles will fail without a proper decarboxylation, and unfortunately it might be difficult to know how to do that.
    Normal flower is best decarbed @ 240 F for 40 minutes in air.
    In oil, the decarb time is dramatically different at that same temperature.
    In unknown vape cartridge liquid, who knows?

So proper decarb might be difficult.
    If the vape material seems oily, then 350 F for 20 minutes might do the job.
    After that, add a bit of lecithin if possible, mix in with something oily, and eat.
    If the cartridge fluid seems like some other material, the best decarb might be unknown.

Also, if it didn't get you high smoking, the edibles made from it will probably be poor.

• Agree Agree x 2