Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Making Edibles: Reggie vs. Fire

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by Swagasauras, Oct 19, 2011.

1. Hi guys,
    So I will be making some edibles this weekend and was wondering... Would it be better to use a half ounce of some fire bud to make about 28 brownies, or to use a ounce of reggie to make about 28 brownies? Would the high be different from using flame bud vs. reggie? Thanks guys.

2. I use to think grade wasn't as important in eddies, but I recently made a batch of firecrackers with mids, .5 per cracker. Done the same way with dank, they worked way way better. Just my personal exp.

3. Yes, the edible effect (like the smoking effect) can vary greatly strain to strain, and with varying quality herb.

Which is 'better' or more efficient however, really depends on both the quality of the herb, and the cost.

From an earlier thread on a similar topic;

So if the mids are not getting you nearly as medicated as the dank, and the dank is more cost-effective for smoking, it can be even more cost-effective for edibles... I say 'even more' half in jest, but half seriously as well, mainly because the only downside to good dank is that, when it's very tasty to smoke, even if it's more potent, it's temping to smoke more and more of it just for the sensation of smoking! But when mids and dank are presented in the same form, in an edible, with virtually the same taste, you're left only to judge by potency.... in which case with dank, it's more obvious that 'less is more', so to speak. :)

Long story short, the quality of your edible relies strongly on; A) the quality of the herb, and B) the quality of the processing methods used.

To learn how to make this (or your trimmings...)

[​IMG]

Into, this...

[​IMG]

See the link below:

(First Page, contains detailed information on decarboxylation, or cannabinoid conversion..
    decarboxylation is the process of activating your cannabinoids 'potency' by removing the
    carboxyl group in the form of carbon dioxide and water vapor, converting your cannabinoids
    from their acid, to their more potent delta forms):

Photo Tutorial: Highly Activated Med Grade Bioavailable Canna & Hash Oil, Edibles, Drinkables and more...

The best oils, produce little to no odor during processing, if sealed properly and heated and cooled correctly. You can easily put it in any boxed brownie mix... be sure to read the final paragraph for detailed dosage information.

Remember that cookies and brownies are at the upper-end of the 'safe cooking range', so don't forget them in the oven for long!

If you're new in the kitchen and feel a bit apprehensive about cooking, heatless or cold recipes such as those picture below (also located in the above link) are a good option to protect your potency, once you've perfected your oil;

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Have fun, and good luck. [​IMG]

4. If i were you i would use the ounce of reggie and try to make only 20 brownies.

I think the ounce of reggie will give you more bang for your buck. Ik i couldn't get high off of .5 of dank. But i can get high off of 1.5 of regs. So go for the regs. Save dank for smokin.

5. Okay thanks guys.

6. regs will produce some decent edibles. but dank will make some crazy good edibles, assuming you do it right. ive had people say the high was close to a shroom trip from my cookies with less than .5 of very nice bud per cookie.

7. ^^Fashooo. I got a half of regs today, some coconut oil, and some lecithin. Im gonna put a g in each brownie. Hopefully it does the trick lol. Ill try flame next time...

8. I would do the mids, i'm about to do the same thing with my O. Good luck fellow sauras!

9. I prefer mids for my edibles. Im kind thinking that it has something to do with them usually being older and dryer and so probably better decarboxylated.

10. The brownies I made with a g of regs in each got me stonedddddd. One chick who ate one like fainted and the other people who ate em got baked as hell too.