Making dinner for a girl tomorrow night...what the hell should I make?

Discussion in 'General' started by Foniac, Aug 28, 2007.

1. Sorry man, I already got claimed in June. ;)

Portland is fucking awesome. I live about 10 minutes away from there right now, but I spend a lot of time there, and it's where I grew up. Tons of head shops, bomb herb, pretty slack weed laws, good people. I believe the Columbia River Gorge to be hands-down the best bowl strolling road ever. Yup, good place to be. :D

2. "Bowl strolling?"

3. nevermind

4. Simple Green Salad

Combine in large salad bowl:

2 large heads Boston or Bibb Lettuce (Trade off for Romaine if need be), torn into bite size pieces
    1 Tablespoon chopped parsley
    1 Tablespoon snipped chives
    Toss well to coat with:
    1/2 to 3/4 cup Vinaigerette

Get creative with this one. It's too simple to fuck up, but not too simple to add on to.

Sesame Chicken

Bring a large pot of water to a boil over high heat, add:

3 Bone-In checken breast halves, skin on

When the water returns to a boil, turn the heat down to low and simmer the chicken until no longer pink, 8 to 10 minutes. Remove to plate and let cool. Thoroughly combine in medium bowl:

1/4 cup Sesame paste or smooth peanut butter
    2 to 3 tablespoons toasted sesame oil (enough to liquify the sesame paste or peanut butter)

Add:

2 1/2 tablespoons light soy sauce
    1 tablespoon distilled white vinegar
    1/2 teaspoons to 1 tablespoon hot chili oil, or to taste
    2 teaspoons minced peeled fresh ginger
    1 teaspoon sugar
    1 scallion, finely chopped

Remove the chicken skin and bones, and tear the meat along the grain into rough shreds 2 1/2 inches long and 1/2 inch thick. Place in serving bowl. Por the sesame sauce over the chicken shreds and mix thoroughly to coat. Serve.

Dessert is easy. Make two shots of espresso or strong coffee. Take two bowls, each with a shitload of vanilla ice cream inside them. Pour a shot over each bowl and serve immediately. You think it's going to suck, but try it beforehand!

My cookbook was just sitting on the shelf, begging to be used. My fingers are killing me now.

:p

5. couldn't agree more sutch a piss off. and for the dinner Id aim for the Pasta easy to make and tastes great.

6. A bowl drive I guess. But bowl stroll is so much more fun to say.

7. I think you mean "burn cruise."

8. Well that doesn't rhyme, now does it?!

;)

9. dude just go to the freezer section and find some dank Italian chicken pasta thing in a bag or a box and then in the same section get some garlic cheeze bread and then maybe a salad in a bag with some crutons thrown on top. it is easy becasue everything is from a bag, and you can always lie and say you made it from scratch, she will never know the difference.

if you really want to make something, just get the premade meat balls and make some spagetti and make your own sause with some peppers and add some bay leaves and other herbs...mmmm ganja herb pasta sounds awesome.

10. Oh come on. :cool:

11. well shit if thats all it would take you to be happy junkie i'd be your greatest man haha. Actually twinkies make me sick. But dude everyone says chicken I cant stand that crap its to bland now i would say gow with a nice (excuse spelling) fillet minon with some sautaeed shrooms in burbon and butter or some kind of pasta. and for desert go with some cheesecake (dont make that its fucking hard as hell) actually tgif has the best cheesecake i ever ate its caramel de leche and oh shit is it good.

However you could do the chicken cause its cheep but spice it up. Try makeing some brusheta that shits the bomb omg i am fucking hungry now and actually bake some cookies.

the real question is did you tell her you can cook?
    or you could pull a sly one and put something awesome sounding in the oven and burn the shit out of it then go to MC D's haha wendys has better frys tho.

sorry junkiedays. Man i hate it when i am to baked to see that there are two pages to one post and i make a statement like that and then go back and find out she's been claimed and how come my number wasnt called?

12. i always go with chicken alfredo with some salad and bread and a glass of wine to make the mood better, easy as hell to make, and italian food always seems to go over well and make them think you are all suave and shit, at least when i have cooked it, thats what always happened

13. ^ italian good answer

14. yes to giada de laurentiis and hell no to rachel ray (troll like)

i'd reccommend that you make some form of pasta or a chicken dish. keep it simple but enough to make her think it took longer.

try to make something easy for dessert if you can and surprise her.

15. roflcopter... chicken ftmfw!:D

16. Chicken is only as bland as you cook it.

17. Microwave a box of macaroni and serve a glass of water.
    Now thats high class.

18. damn, word for word the last meal i made for a girl, but make the sauce from scratch, its relatively easy. dont make anything with steak, unless you are doing a small filet with an interesting sauce and side and good presentation.

19. I love that woman haha, as well as Rachel Ray. Chicken is a great investment, with some pasta and a great sauce to go along with it. Might want to throw a good caesar salad in and some french bread as well. If you and her drink wine, you could always pick up a good bottle of red or white wine, whatever suits the mood..

20. and remember, white wine is supposed to be served chilled, red at room temp.

White wine : take it out 10 mins before serving

Red wine: Open the bottle and let the wine "breathe" for 10 mins, gets the flavor to really come out.

Now dammit how did it go?