Making dabs today.. should i bake my bud some?

Discussion in 'General' started by DabbyMike, Jul 29, 2018.

1. Should i grind it and put in my glass tube ..

or should i bake it some at 90% til it snaps in fingers then grind it? or just throw it in the tube?

2. Wet bud makes dark shitty dabs your better off cure and dry first you can always Dry, cure, then freeze it but EVERYTIME I use wet material it's dark and not as good

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 2

3. DA bud should be able to break in the fingers right?
    it does not do that right now

4. Yea, I always dry my plant material, no matter top or larf. I use 10" netted pot holders and place some larf in it, then stack another 10" on top, etc, and place them in a 5 gal bucket to dry. When they are bone dry, they are dumped into the 5gal. I don't usually cure larf. It just sits in the bucket. Before I process it with alcohol, I pass it through a dedicated food processor to increase surface area.

I still cool my plant material, as I cool isopropyl alcohol too. This is a stearically hindered alcohol incapable of breaching cell walls when below 0C (ie. freezing), hence no green. The frozen plant matter also helps to 'break the trichome' off at the stalk, but this is more relevant for hashbag'n, in this case (oil processing), its just to keep the alcohol cold.

5. its kind of dry but does not break aprt in my fingers if pressed.
    I should bake in oven til it does right? what temp?
    tahnks / I was going to use butane .. should i freeze it/ prob not right?

6. I don't do the oven thing. A couple days and it will be dry enough. Too much oven, and its over.
    Don't freeze butane, just spray it through.

7. I dont wnat ot do a few days.. i watched youtube vid few days ago.. guy said to dry buds in oven .. i think he said 90 degrees but my oven will only go down to 170.. i want to make it tonight so

8. do i have to purge the bho ?
    i dont have a way to do that

9. If you want it dry now and don't care about lost terps then 170F will work fine. It's too low to decarb much less ruin your THC. Warm the oven and turn it off when you put in your bud. Good luck, next time plan ahead.

10. just let it sit out overnight for a couple nights .
    Always works for me when i have over-saturated bud.

You could even grind it and let the material sit spread out
    that will make it dry quicker and you'd probably get a slightly better yield with it ground up.

11. i 7
    Thanks i did the oven thing at 170.
    I did two runs with average size / foot long or so glass tube.
    The material was yellow. and i mean yellow and the buds were an inch or two long or so at end of branches on average.
    Anyways. after doing two runs the liquid look extremely clear but after doing the water / hot thing
    i did have a little bit on bottom.

I took a dab.. and i guess i took too much cuz it made me cough hard and burn my long for few minutes.
    I just took Dab ten mins ago and feel very high now.. though . wow.
    Like not been this high in years...