Making cheap cars for expensive car looks

Discussion in 'High Ideas' started by ddd3, Apr 21, 2012.

1. Then the real lambos lose their value.

2. They do this in movies they just get a body kit over standard issue car.

You don't think there smashing will chargers a Porsches in movies now right?

3. Uh a Dodge charger or 300 looks like a wanna be phantom... Also the right body mods looks like some bentleys. But like a lot of people have said who would pay 20-30,000 dollars for a car that LOOKS fast? I would prefer driving a car that looks like a heap of shit and when the super cool dude driving the mustang or Camaro his mommy and daddy bought him I leave his ass in the dust

4. [quote name='"TheDankDude"']The thing is, when people spend all that money, they want the car to perform.

I know I would never pay just for the looks of a car, thats stupid.

People pay for performance.

Also, companies own the rights to how their cars look, so they would have to be th ones producing it and if they did, they would get knocked on by the whole car community for making shoddy cars.[/quote]

Why performance you are stuck.at a speed limit or speeding ticket

5. [quote name='"michael015"']

Why performance you are stuck.at a speed limit or speeding ticket[/quote]

I have a clean driving record and generally take speed limit as a suggestion.

6. I drive a 2003 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GTS. It's not the most powerful car in the world (tuned to about 240 Wheel HP), but it can turn some heads when I drive by with the roof and windows down. That said, the back seats are atrocious, and it doesn't look NEARLY as good as a Ferrari/Lamborghini/Alfa Romeo.

7. That's why those cars are so expensive. Some people act like a Ferrari is a Honda with a huge engine. No. They spend so much fucking money into development and the highest grade materials that go into every single nut and bolt of that car and not to mention the man hours that go into putting it together. These aren't built by robots rolling 250 cars a day.

8. Been thinking about this since I was like 8..

9. [quote name='"justyn93"']Theres no way that lets say Chevy could make a car with such high qualities as lambo, Benz, BMW, or Lexus. The quality and prestige in these cars is what makes them expensive.[/quote]

Really so a 2012 camaro cant even compare to a bmw or lexus?

10. [quote name='"Thekidthatshigh"']

Really so a 2012 camaro cant even compare to a bmw or lexus?[/quote]

Performance wise, yes. Interior on the other hand aren't as close. The features on a Benz or BMW make it way more appealing (too me). I like the new camaros but don't really like sitting in them. For me it's too much money for what your getting. And the domestic car that even comes close to a Lamborghini would probably be the cadillac cts-v and even then it's not a super car.

11. Personally id rather have a car that looks like shit that preforms like a sports car, rather than the other way around.

12. [quote name='"Thekidthatshigh"']

Nope, have you even seen any new BMW's or Lexus? The interior is way better, the paint is way better, lexus is far more reliable, there are faster lexus and BMW's. Does the camero park itself? Does it handle better then a BMW?

13. [quote name='"Thekidthatshigh"']

A mustang would be a better comparison since its not a total POS.

14. Ya but only in recent years. Though i would rather have a new mustang than a bmw its true that lexus and bmw are overall of higher quality. Now days however this is most noticeable only from the mustangs interior.

15. I don't know if ford could ever convince me to buy one of their vehicles.

16. ^^ Agreed, that is unless Cosworth has something to do with it!

17. [quote name='"FLUXCAPAC1T0R"']^^ Agreed, that is unless Cosworth has something to do with it![/quote]

Word.

Nothing against you ford die hards. Ford has forever lost me as a customer.

18. Nissan Gtr my friend super car performance for 1/3 the price

19. I understand where you're coming from, but lambo doesn't look at one of their cars and go "how can we make this look cool" They tackle it by aerodynamics and then they have to make sure everything is spaced and placed properly. THEN they probably try to make it look cool.

Trust me, bitches aren't dropping 200,000$ because it "looks cool"
    food for thought though :p

20. Kit cars are look alikes, just like somebody else in here said... made mostly from Pontiac fieros... and all you're getting is a fiberglass shell over a shit car. Any car can be made to kick another cars ass with the right amount of money - shit they even have a smart car with a hayabusa motor that smoked a Ferrari on the 1/4 mile. I personally would stick with Japanese engineering, you get way more bang for your Buck than any other vehicle. R34 GTR ftw. you can make your own car if you know what you really want performance-wise. And they already have tons of poser shit out there, look at all the ghetto ass body kits they make for civics, you can get them that have s14 front ends, BMW front ends and all kinds of trash. Lame