Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

CBD Oil making CBD oil

Discussion in 'CBD Oil' started by Fredbear, Nov 4, 2018.

1. How do you do it I know a guy who says by heating the at a higher temp burns off the the and leaves the cbd behind is this method true?

2. #2 Joker1121, Nov 4, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2018
    I don't know if that's true, but you can buy CBD Isolate and Hemp CBD flowers on line. I would prefer to do that rather than try to burn off the THC. For the isolate you just add your oil or alcohol to the powder if you want to make your own an easy way. Hope someone comes along who can answer your question. Good luck.

3. No, in fact, that's bs.

4. I can't just accept the bs answer I have to have some facts as people have been using what he makes and claim that it works....

5. its just that weed right now is cheaper the cbd oil esp al the trim that laying around

• Winner Winner x 1
  6. Sounds like you have some reading coming up. Here, I will make it easier for you, try these search terms and maybe talk to someone here.

You might want to read this first though, as it claims pure CBD is ineffective.

You might like this guy for separating CBD (acid). idk if that works.

As far as declaring bs, you don't burn anything in isolations, and shouldn't be during distillations. During fractionation it is theoretically possible to vaporize THC at 157C, but its not a clear cut 157 vs 160 so its not going to work. THC and CBD are too similar in boiling point and structure/property that they still get mixed. Here is an article discussing this. I think its maybe what you are asking about. They have some data regarding boiling points of cannabinoids.

A quote from the last article "Separating out cannabinoids from one another is practical only with industrial strength techniques, such as centrifugal partition chromatography. It can’t be done in the kitchen, unfortunately. So your best bet would be to try another strain if you do not like the psychoactivity. Cannatonic (ACDC) is one strain that can have an 18:1 CBD/THC profile. Users generally find that they can also develop a tolerance to psychoactivity over time".

Now, it could be that your friend has his hands on an (expensive) wiped film apparatus which may make it possible? idk.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Thank you very much it really is appreciated

• Like Like x 1