Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Making cannaoil with vaped buds, couple questions

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by corey5422, Jan 17, 2017.

1. Okay, I got a desktop vape a few months back and have been saving my vaped buds since and now have over 2 oz of vaped buds.. but I want to cook all 2 ounces of bud into a small amount of oil, that way I have as potent of oil as I can get. What is the easiest way to cook 2 ounces of bud, into 2 cups of oil? Adding 2 ounces of bud to 2 cups of oil doesnt seem very logical. Can I cook in a half oz at a time? Put a half oz or so and then once its done, strain and put another half oz into that same oil? Would that make the oil stronger? Or is that not very logical? Haven't done much experimenting with vaped buds, but I've heard edibles with it can be very potent. Just want to know the best way to cook a good amount of weed into small portion of oil.

2. I usually do 1oz per 2 cups coconut oil with regular decarbed green or 4 sticks (1lb) of butter. With vaped, I personally wouldn't try to cut back so as to end up with more oil. A lot has been lost from the first go round...besides, the edibles are gravy since you already enjoyed the bud you're about to use in them. Lastly, a teaspoon of infused liquified oil goes the distance in a cup of tea.

Ps. Be sure to incorporate some lecithin to pump up the effects.

Here's the link to BadKat's infusion tutorial if you need it:

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

3. Gonna take Shit ton though.... When you vape it what's it look like when done bc some vaporizers get really hot some not... If brown you straight if black I'd throw away,....

..... there's a reason it's left

4. Yeah, I've been saving my ABV as well but I haven't had my vape long enough to have saved as much as you to make use of it. Let us know how she goes!

5. Yeah I know, Im trying to cook 2 ounces into once batch of brownies. I just didnt know if you could strain out weed and add more to that oil and keep cooking it to make it stronger. And just continue to strain/add more until the oil is concentrated?

6. 6 of one half dozen of another...personally, I'd do 2-3 cups of oil with all the AVB all at once. I melt my oil first in a double boiler, transfer it to a Pyrex measuring cup to make sure of the amount then pour it into the Pyrex cake dish with the vaped product and cover it with foil in the oven @ 220F for 1hr. Let it cool to room temp, freeze for 24hrs then let it set out til it's room temp again and do the oven thing @ 220 for an hour to 2 hours, strain it and refreeze til ready to use.

7. Use 3/4-1 cup of oil in the brownies and you should be stylin...good luck