Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Making Cannabutter outdoors to bring inside?

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by Chrom_X_Lucina, Dec 13, 2018.

1. So I'm in a bit of a weird position where I want to make edibles but don't have a handy house that can smell like weed for hours.

So I had an idea to maybe use a whisper-lite stove to make my cannabutter outdoors. This is obviously when I add all the weed and all the decarb happens.
    If I were to make the butter outdoors and only bring it indoors to add it to a batch of regular old brownies, would the baking of just the brownies smell like weed? Or does the baking itself not really leave any smell even if it is with cannabutter?

2. There should be no smell once you're baking with it. That's only in the processing stage. Decarbing outside might be a little iffy. You can put your material in a sealed mason jar in your indoor oven at 240°F for 40 minutes but don't open it until you get it outside and then do the rest of your processing on the camp stove. Or I suppose you could do a sous vide decarb outside. :)

3. What I typically do is just simmer ground bud in the butter for about 2 hours and this has made me some pretty good edibles in the past. I was just gonna do the same here but outside. No sous-vide or anything like that.

4. It was just an option. Still won't smell when baking your edibles. :sneaky: