Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

making butter

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by browntown7769, Apr 5, 2017.

1. Hi everybody,
    I'm wanting to make some weed butter and am wondering how much butter i can make with an oz of nice bud?

• Like Like x 1
  2. 500ml would be good

• Like Like x 1
  3. I would use 1-2 cups butter for potent cannabis. One cup would give you 7 grams per 1/4 cup of butter. If the recipe calls for 1/4 cup butter that would give you 24 0.3 gram cookies. Don't forget you can mix cannabutter and regular butter to get the amount of butter called for in a recipe. Coconut oil is actually preferred and tastes fine in baked goods. Check my math! Have fun and enjoy. High Times had a cannabutter experiment where they tested four methods of making cannabutter. If you don't already have a recipe for your butter, Google High Times Cannabutter Experiment. Be sure and decarb first 240F for 40 minutes. If you decarb uncovered you will have less moisture to deal with in the butter. Ultimate Cannabutter Experiment: Results – High Times

4. @browntown7769
    1 cup of weed, 1 cup coconut oil, 4 tablespoon of lecithin.
    Decarb weed first 240 F for 40 minutes uncovered
    Mix weed, oil and lecithin and heat 220 F for 60 minutes, Freeze, Reheat and strain the weed out.
    Done.
    Use in any recipe and follow standard cooking directions or just eat the oil :)
    BNW

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. This is what I do, but then I decarb in a crockpot so that the smell is minimal. Basically, you put everything above into a sealed canning jar and set the jar upright in the pot. You then put just enough water in the pot so that it comes to the top of the lid. I did this for around 2-3 hours, strained everything with a cheese cloth, put the liquid back in the jar and froze it. Turns out perfect every time for me <3

6. Standard ratio is

(7 grams bud/1oz good trim)
    Per
    1/2cup oil (1stick) butter

Word of warning, I made a batch of coconut cannaoil and 1stp is too strong for me. Dose responsibly bro. Green outs are nooooo fun