Making butane hash a lethal mix in home drug labs

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by Nerd139, Feb 12, 2014.

1. Concentrated paint fumes are just as dangerous. How many articles are there written about dumbasses blowing themselves up in improperly ventilated garages? Should we ban paint? It could get into the hands of our children. That paint can has a pistol grip. ASSAULT PAINTCAN!!!

2. Stuff like this is the reason why I don't like hash or any of that bullshit. It's all about the flowers baby. Unless it's Rick Simpson Oil because I have Epilepsy. :bongin:

3. #23 claygooding, Feb 12, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 12, 2014
    Wax is the purest extraction of cannabinoids that can be removed from the leaf,,that is why  it is so light colored when compared with any of the bubble hash or Rick Simpson oil,,,BUT,,it doesn't fix STUPID and anyone that makes wax in a closed building with gas pilot lights is STUPID and if they were just harming themselves it could continue until the IQ for the entire race was increased,,,

Even if you need hash extract for medicine you have no right to put others in danger.

In 1946 when the government  "convinced" the editors made up of doctors and not under the thumb of the govt like now to pull cannabis out of the US Pharmacopeia . Until they removed cannabis doctors and citizens could order hash oil from any country that produced it and there was no way to stop it because nearly every other country was still growing hemp and producing hash oil from it. 
    Once it was not listed they could charge doctors for importing it.

The point is,,they were ordering hash oil from countries all over the world and using it to make tinctures,salves and pills and repeat the same process to continuously administer the proper dosage to make you sleep,hungry or lessen stress by using hash oil as the starting point instead of the finish.(there were no low thc plants until  after the STC was signed)

A lot of  our "discoveries" are actually re-discoveries,,they didn't  have the technologies we have  but they had alcohol and it was probably the standard method of extraction in those times. Standardization of extraction will give us hash hash oils  close enough in strength to standardize dosage for the medical marijuana . And we can improve it because we know  what we are looking for and all they knew was if they soaked a hemp plant in alcohol and boiled it off it made medicine.(they  probably didn't even bother to remove the seeds,,so we may be making better our hash oils today or less effective because we are striving for purity and they had no cause too.

You have to remove today's technology from your mind and think what they had to work with.then.

4. I wasn't thinking right haha, ya I meant hot plate. Have never done this before but watched like a 3 hour vid on youtube how to do it the safe way, hot water purge, hot plate, vacuum. 

5. PS,,if we can find the maximum butter fat content unsalted and find the maximum saturation point we may be able to do the same thing with cannabutter,,by starting with maxed out cannabutter everyone is producing the same strength if all use a standardized extraction method,,cooking the "hash oil butter" dosage,,canna butter strength(dosage) can be made by adding more butter,,if   you take 1 cup of maxed cannabutter and add 1/4 stick of butter every edible made with  that 1 1/4 cup mixture will be the same strength,,right now I would imagine dispensaries are already standardizing their own products because they always use the same butter and boiling it by the dispensary's approved cooking times and some are already reaching the cannabinoid saturation point and why every batch of cannabutter is the same strength and adjusting their recipes to reach a continuous strength cookie or candy bar year round.

That is how I see it Vern. :smoke:

6. #26 dekabos, Feb 12, 2014

Man, Clay, I'd vote for you to be Drug Czar...and I really mean that as a compliment, believe it or not.  :smoking:

7. #27 claygooding, Feb 12, 2014
    I am trying for Texas Marijuana Czar,,hopefully to go force every LEO,DA and judge smoke a joint to cure reefer madness. It is amazing what a person with 46 years of experience using it as a recreational drug and treating PTSD without knowing it but is now old enough to sit around smoking and thinking about marijuana uses 16 hours a day without any job or greed mucking up the process.

I follow the the last science we can trust researched and peer reviewed before  the DEA was created and the war on marijuana machine was built,,next was NIDA,,to search for harms in marijuana because according  this they had none in 1972.,:

http://druglibrary.net/schaffer/Library/studies/nc/ncmenu.htm

The Report of the National Commission on Marihuana and Drug Abuse Marihuana: A Signal of Misunderstanding
    Commissioned by President Richard M. Nixon, March, 1972

8. MacGyver could extract them shits with a pencil, two ounces of crumbled up burnt toast and some duct tape.....

9. This dumbass kid I used to buy weed from just fucked up his face and burnt down his house because he was blowing inside... I feel no sympathy and actually find it sort of funny.

10. And BOOM goes the dynomite...lol

[​IMG]

11. Unless it is bubble hash you should only make concentrates if you are a trained professional with industrial equipment in a non residential area for your own good and the good of the movement.

Period.

12. #32 Nerd139, Feb 12, 2014

We shouldnt look at the problem as "People are getting hurt in pretty similar ways with other products so who cares"

The point is to minimize harm. People are hurt and kill themselves all the time but if it is avoidable lets avoid it. And if they know the dangers and still choose to put themselves at risk make sure he only person at risk is themselves.

Though as far as the movement is concerned I think we should try and put a stop to anyone harming themself.

13. the fucked up part, is this actually SHOULD help legalization logically speaking. Think about it, they don't do it outside for fear of being caught...however if it was just fucking legal we could do it on top of the grand canyon not give a fuck and take monster dabs.

prohibition does nothing but inhibit the oh so "negative" views on marijuana users

14. Well prohibitionist use the argument that gangs sell weed and it causes violence not realizing the reason gangs sell it and fight over it is because it's illegal.

Would be the same thing here. They'll argue it should stay illegal because of this and rejecting that the reason this happens is because it's illegal.

Wouldn't this be a pro-legalization type case? With legal cannabis there will be no incentive make unsafe DIY bho, since people will be able to openly and freely use all the proper equipment and take safety measures when doing the extraction. The same reason why I don't make my hash outside is because I am not in a legal situation and don't want to take that risk. However I do take every precaution I can, and have a vent exhausting above the working area.

16. Read my last post

17. my question is,...

We have fought years and years to get mj legal, why did it have to be taken to this point now.
    Something we've been saying isn't harmful and don't hurt anyone,
    now has been taken to the level that you need a torch to smoke a dab.
    doesn't look good and makes others think of drugs rather then medicine. should have left well enough alone until we had full on legalization...imho....

I think the whole premise isn't helping the movement, and like with most good things someone has to take it past the line and press the issue. damn shame..

18. feel the exact same way to a T. I don't judge anyone for their preferred method of smoking, but I do feel that it has been taken to a level it never needed to be.

Recently in a town close by (Washington state) some dipshit blew the windows out of his house, the cops came and called him a dumbass.
    There were no charges. Nothing was done.

The paper posted the story to Facebook and people had a hay day. Even 14 year old girls were posting if you are that dumb you should stick to bubble hash. :laughing:

Oh my mistake, I only read the first couple replies before responding.