Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Making brownies with RSO?

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by _munchy, Oct 9, 2013.

1. I bought some Rick Simpson Oil from my dispensary, the lady there said you can put it on your skin, smoke/vape it, and eat it. I'd prefer to eat it, but eating it straight is reaaaaallly gross. I was wondering if it would be possible to make a batch of brownies with this stuff? And if it is, how much oil should I add to one batch?

2. Im pretty sure if it just regular canna-oil, u use how ever much the recipe asks for usualy its 1/3 or 1/2 cup but u can read.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. Alright, thanks. That seems like a giant amount of oil, 2 rice sized amounts blow my mind. Any way I could dilute it if I need to use that much?

I don't think he knows what RSO is. Figure out how much you need per serving, maybe 2 grains, and multiply that by however many servings your brownie mix makes. Warm up some oil or butter as per the recipe and melt your RSO in there and then add it to your mixture. Easy. Often RSO isn't decarbed but if you've tried it and got off, then you should be ok.  :)

• Like Like x 2
  5. What do you mean by decarbed?

When you ingest marijuana, you have to remove a carboxyl group from the THC molecule in order to activate it and turn it into it's psychoactive form. This is normally done by the heat when you smoke it but it must be done in other ways when using in an edible, like with the oven. If you've ingested (eaten) the RSO and gotten off on it then you don't need to decarb.. Don't worry about the decarb, just try it in a small batch.  :)

• Like Like x 1
  7. Alright, so if I usually eat 1 rice sized drop, and there's 8 brownies I should add 8 drops to the mix?

Dissolve it in the oil for the mix first. Don't just add it to the mix or it won't be an even dose. 

• Like Like x 2
  9. Thank you very much!

• Like Like x 1
  10. Should I heat the oil up so it'll dissolve? It's kind of like sludge right now, I've been keeping it in my fridge.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Heat the RSO in the cooking oil for the brownies until it dissolves and mixes in. 

• Like Like x 1
  12. And I ate to much, man am I in for a long night.

• Funny Funny x 1
    Does that mean it worked? 

14. A little to good, any way to decrease the effects? It started nice but it keeps building and building.

Strap yourself down, you're in for a ride. You might try eating something. Sometimes that can take the edge off a bit. It can't hurt you. How much did you eat? 

• Like Like x 2
  16. 1 brownie but I may have got a little more of the oil than I should have. Most of it dissolved except for a tiny piece and I think that was in my brownie.

17. What I'm not liking is how it's coming in waves, I feel relaxed and then what the fuck, then back to relaxed and then what the fuck.

Just ride it out. That's about all you can do about it now, but you'll know that a half of one might be the way to go the next time. It might be coming on stronger because it was in your cooking oil which would have made it more bioavailable. Hang in there. 

• Like Like x 1
  19. Yeah I'm not minding it to much, I thought maybe I'd have a panic attack like everyone else does when they overdose on edibles (especially because I have horrible anxiety) but I'm surprisingly calm.

20. If you didn't eat more than one serving and you didn't put in more than a total of eight grains sized drops, you'll be fine. Just put on some music you like and sit back and enjoy. Or try doing something like cleaning the house, something to keep you focused. You'll be fine and get a good night's sleep.

• Like Like x 3