Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

making brownies in 4 days.

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by majesticemu92, May 13, 2010.

1. I have about 4 to 5 grams of decent bud. Is that enough to make some good brownies? Also im going to use cooking oil and weed instead of cannabutter, has anybody used this method and had a success with an edible? I'm not sure how long I should heat the weed with the cooking oil so does anybody know how to do the cooking oil method.

2. If you have a double boiler, double boil the oil. If not, just boil water in a pot/pan, then put a smaller pot in that. Fill the smaller pot with your oil/weed, then cook for 30 mins. The water in the bottom pot will boil, keeping the top pots temperature at 100 C (212 F) or lower, which is hot enough for THCA to decarboxylate into THC in 30 mins.

If you want it to be more potent, buy a candy thermometer and cook the oil at 260 F for a half hour. Do NOT let the temperature go over 280F, or your THC will evaporate into the air.