making bho

Discussion in 'Concentrate Tools' started by awoodward420, Sep 15, 2012.

1. sorry if i'm posting this in the wrong forum, it's the only one i could find that had to do with concentrates.. but i was wondering if you could make BHO from stems/shake and if so how much of it?

2. thats really too broad of a question for a real answer, but ill try.
    stems are pretty much worthless as far as bho goes, they contain very little thc and i dont know if solid stuff like that would even work in an extractor. as for shake, sure, you can run that through an extractor for bho just like any other plant matter.
    "how much" depends on the quality of the stuff your running. running trim and shake from magazine quality plants, i usually expect around 20% return after running it through the extractor twice. for example, i ran exactly 7 grams of shake and trim (with a few very small nuggs that were in with the shake) a few days ago, first run yielded about 0.75 of bho, the second run will be later today and i expect about 0.6. that would be 1.35 grams, which is roughly 19% return, if i get a little bit more then i expect it will be 20+%.
    the lower the quality of the plants your running, the less return your going to get, an the lower the quality of the oil will be. if its shake from mid grade or something, you might run 10 grams and get less then 1 gram back as oil.

3. for a quick update, i ran that 7 grams again and it yielded 0.4 grams. the oil was still of very high quality, solid enough to pick up and mold with my hand, so i think ill run it again with some other re-runs. i expect a bit more out of it, so i should be near 20% yield in the end.

4. making your own oil is stupid as ****

5. Not really stupid... Usually i get between .4 and .45 of high quality oil from 3.5 g's and 1/4 of a small can of vector, so it comes out to cost me about 45 for a half gram, and here oil is more expensive than 90 a g.

You can use shake, don't bother with stems, how much is however much fills you're extractor tube

6. Why? Because you know exactly whats going into it and that it actually was purged properly? Besides, some people don't have access to medical dispensaries that stock oil (or pre-made oil at all for that matter).

7. not making ur own oil is stupid as shit

buying oil at a dispensary thats not purged properly is stupid as shit

making your own oil and getting medicating from it = priceless

8. man u woulld be suprised at how many dispensaries are selling unpurged concentrates
    seems like they all sell unpurged shit

9. hey they do this because even the flowers they sell r for looks.. they look good smell good but dont get you truley medicated.. same with the oils .. if u fully purge it u will leave minumum but shop owners r out for profit not here to give u proper purged bho lol.. id say make it your self 100% of the time so u know whats in it n if it purged jus as buddy above has posted

10. #10 AfganiKush, Mar 14, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 14, 2013

Lol, thats why you never frequent a place that is either ignorant or selfish enough to put underpurged garbage on their shelf. You will find that just like people, the majority of co-ops are meant solely to benefit themselves. Greed and desire are what goes into most dispensaries. But there are many incredible people out there who actually seem to care more for their patients than themselves. You just need to find a dispensary that is actually compassionate. I realize how hard that can be, especially in some of the bigger counties like OC/LA, but legitimate, compassionate co-ops exist across the state. Next time someone sells you underpurged shit and refuses to refund or right the wrong in some way, make a scene about it. Leave a wall of text on weedmaps explaining your experience, and move on to the next dispensary. Theres so much tane infested trim goop on dispensary shelves because there are so many people stupid enough to buy it.

11. they should be called dispensaries instead of "medicinal" dispensaries
    what about the patients

i was having a talk with some one and i would love to open a dispensary that cares about its patients

if u knew a patient was sick and didnt have much money, then we should be there to help him/hrt..get a contract or somethiong stating if they buy from u regularly then u can give em a discounted price to help them get there medication at a price they can afford

this should be about helpin the patients..not puttin $$ in ur pocket
    i mean $$ is good n we need it...but dont get greedy..theres other ways to make up for the little loss u may take to help a patient... plenty of ppl smoke weed so it shouldnt b a prob

ppl are getting greedy and its not right

12. yea straight up bro.. but even here in canada it same thign even the top ones r jus garbage.. most ppl will go ther for the looks and they know they will not b chinced out when they buy it cuz they taxing it

13. i didnt even notice ur in canadda..hahahahaha

where in canada man
    im in the gta

14. PURGE PURGE PURGE, no bleached coffee filters and no PVC! Requires a pyrex dish to take the extreme hot/cold difference during the process. Everything else will shatter. Stainless steel or pyrex glass tubes for the run; nothing else!

15. hey bro you could make bho with stems n leaves but your end product will have hints of it as well..n the yeild will b much much lower as others have stated but yu could make it into bho or y not bubble hash way easier n wayy les effort to do with bho than mixin water n ice

16. maybe if u had enought stems n trim u can make sum cannabutter with it

i have a bit of stems n shit that ive been collecting..niot sure if imma run em or make butter tho

maybe i will try to keif them n use the keif for butter

allred come check out the t.o stash jar thread man

17. No, buying oil at $40-$50/g is stupid as fuck when you can make better oil at less than half the price by using trim/shake...