Making bho, worth it?

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by Endziel, Oct 6, 2013.

1. I was wondering all of your thoughts on if making bho is worth it. Facing prison time for making bho is a nerve racking thought to myself. How about yourselves?

2. As long as your neighbors dont see you running tane outside then how would the police know?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. Making it for growers or some shit

4. What the fuck are your talking about like a manufacturing charge?

Sent from my PantechP9070 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

5. I think you have more of a chance getting caught by the cops posting on the GC forums then you would cooking BHO lol.

Sent from my C6506 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

6. Something along the lines of that. My buddy grows and sells. Wants me to make him bho and I keep half of every yield.

7. Half of each yield?, I would do it but thats just me, is your guy going to be supplying you with everything?, like the bud/trim., half a yeild for a a few hours of your time sounds like a pretty good deal to me.

Sent from my C6506 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

8. He's supplying everything and I mean everything. I've got $600 of his money in my pocket to get whatever we need. Vac setup etc. I can't decide on a vac chamber though. Any suggestions? I found a mastercool pump with 6 cfm and rated to 15 microns.

9. #9 YeahhBuddy, Oct 7, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 7, 2013
    I would go for it, your getting a good pay out for it, unfortunatly I don't have any experience cooking so i feel my opinion would be missleading, but I have been researching a lot about oils because im looking to make some with my next harvest lol, so im lookin for any info i can get aswell, if i come across some good info i will gladly share it, and how much is that vac setup?Sent from my C6506 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

10. Getting caught runnin bho is like getting caught cooking meth

11. The pump I want is a Mastercool with 6 cfm and 15 microns so it'll have a deep vacuum. The chamber itself, is hard to say. $125 - $189 is what I've seen.

12. How do RumpWax and Knottyy get away with it?!

13. #13 YeahhBuddy, Oct 7, 2013
    [quote name="OGsmokr" post="18793803" timestamp="1381161332"]Getting caught runnin bho is like getting caught cooking methSent from my SCH-I545 using Grasscity Forum mobile app[/quote]And just as easy to cook aswell lolSent from my C6506 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

14. I've no idea, the cops probably dont know where they run at. But even possession of bho will be a felony. Some guy I know got pulled over with like a gram of honeycomb and they charged him with felony. I think you will be safe though man :lol:

15. #15 1sttimegrower, Oct 7, 2013
    Make a chamber DIY out of a pressure cooker.

Or buy one online.
    Online, You need to pay attention to certain things:

Metal chamber - so it can be heated
    NOT acryllic lid - isopropyl crazes this and butane probably degrades it - use this : http://www.coleparmer.com/Chemical-Resistance
    NON-cemented gasket. To adequately purge your hash, you will vaporize the glue holding the gasket. You want a loose gasket, or an o-ring set into a cut groove. Neoprene is a commonly acceptable material, as is viton. Several other work, use the cole/parmer chemical resistance DB to check.
    Pressure Guage
    Taped threads

Ebay sellers hardly meet these criteria: there is only one with a non cemented gasket. Perhaps other can be found via google/amazon/etc.

For myself, I bought a chamber off ebay, then picked off the neoprene gasket and used gasoline to wipe away the glue. Then I cut out a viton rectangle as a gasket - MUCH safer, MUCH cleaner. A little tweaking was needed, so essentially I paid 90$ for an unassmbled DIY kit. If you know where to get the parts and have the tools, a pressure cooker will be much cheaper to convert.

6 cfm is a LOT, but heck who cares. You can get a bigger chamber then - 3 gal, 5 gal, whatever you might need for your runs.
    I process 1-5 grams at a time out of a narrow 1.5 gallon chamber, as reference. In a 3 gal you can easily run 10+.