Making BHO for the first time please help GC forum!!!

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by ZDG1979, Aug 13, 2012.

1. #1 ZDG1979, Aug 13, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 13, 2012
    Okay, so I'm going to be making BHO oil for the first time is this all I need from Start to Inhaling??

Extraction Tube (glass or aluminum)
    7 grams of Cali MMJ not broken up in small to medium buds
    Zip ties, locking mechanism
    Triple refined butane:  vector or other brand as long as 3x-5x refined
    Coffee filters x2
    Pyrex dish small
    Pyrex pot large
    Hot water
    Razor blade
    Parchment paper

Vaccum purge device
    Oil rig
    Butane torch 

I have watched the YouTube tutorials but any pointers would really help out family.

Can I use a pencil as a dabber? I have seen some videos online with people dabbing with wgat looks like a pencil.
    CHEERS!!!

2. Thanks bro, I'll try not too!!

3. Dont use a pencil lol.... If Your that desperate use a paperclip... Happy dabbing

4. Don't use a pencil. The ones you see are probably made of glass but are made to look like a pencil.

5. Will any metal pointy object due? Also do I have all the pieces that I need to make bomb BHO, I m a little worried I would hatecti waste 7 grams of good.

6. use 5x refined 3x is not good enouh.. lol @ using a pencil as a dabber, thats a glass dabber just made into the shape (and sometimes the color) as one. and uh instead of using hot water, just throw it straight into the vaccum purger. then use very low heat and keep putting it back into the vaccum purger. comes out with a lot better and lighter finished product

7. Lololololololol pencil..... I cant take this seriously after that.

8. Damn, everyone... I put myself out there where I usually don't and asked advice and you guys are making fun of me. It's all good enjoy your time where you know more than I do because you have had the privilege of either knowing or working with a grower or you live in a MMJ state. I was just asking a question and trying to learn.

Any help on wgat I asked is much appreciated. Please don't take one thing that I say and blow it out if porportion.

Thanks GC, cheers!!!

9. Also one more question:

Do I break uo the buds or leave them whole?

Or on the first run leave them whole then on second run break them up a little bit then on next runs till its almost shake?

Any suggestiins will be so appreciated.

10. As someone else mentioned i would try to go into your vac as soon as possible. Maybe hot water bath for 10 minutes to get a good bit of the tane out. Then throw it into your vac chamber for a few vaccing sessions on very low heat. The higher your heat the more terpenes you evap, terps= taste. So you want as many terps left as possible. Make sure your tube is packed fully and slightly, slightly compressed so to minimize empty space in your tube and keep pressure.
    Also i would make sure your coffee filters are unbleached. Extracting is one of those things thats best learned through experience, not through reading. Once you have learned the basics you can kinda develop your own methods that work for you. Just another suggestion; maybe for your first runs split that quarter in half and mix in some trim for your first run. Obviously straight nugs give a much better product than bho made from trim or a mix of the two, but i would hate to see you waste a quarter of some nice meds. Unless you got a great deal/grew it.

11. [quote name='"ZDG1979"']Also one more question:

Do I break uo the buds or leave them whole?

Or on the first run leave them whole then on second run break them up a little bit then on next runs till its almost shake?

Any suggestiins will be so appreciated.[/quote]

Break them up

12. This!!! OP, what consistency of bho are you shooting for?

13. I am just trying to make BHO to try it for a first time. I live in Florida and don't know anyone whI has and I have been watching videos in it and am very eager to try it.