Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Making BHO for first time, questions.

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by yrrebnomed, Jan 8, 2016.

1. #1 yrrebnomed, Jan 8, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 8, 2016
    Making bho* not no

So I got everything I need to make some oil except a few things. First off I'm going to use mz12x as I was told it yields more and has less impurities in it that will soak in the oil and is also flammable but not combustible. And instead of blasting into Pyrex I was going to blast into a silicon no goo dish that is good to not fuck up to 300C because I figured it be easy to scrape it all off and put it into a container. So my question is will the no goo dish transfer heat to the wax to purge off the mz12 or will it just like reflect it and the wax and solvent not get hot? Also if I get an extension chord and use a pancake skillet to purge it on but outside will I still risk any electricity lighting the gas? It's cold outside so if I use hot water in going to need to replace it a few times and I figured the electric skillet would just be easier

Sent from my iPod touch using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. Also how will I know when it is as purged as it will get without a vacuum purge and how long should I expect that to take?

3. Be very careful dude, good luck

4. Can you get 190 proof grain alcohol aka everclear?

5. in the future I could I'm in Ohio so I can't get it here but people I work with go and get some sometime

6. If you don't have a vac you won't be able to purge it very well. The everclear will purge the butane out then you just evap the alcohol away.

You can purge most of the butane with hot water bath just keep refreshing.

I suggest blasting into a Pyrex pie plate for larger surface area. Once the butane has purged out to a low enough amount the thc will create a skin trapping the final butane.

If you have a torch you can heat the top layer releasing the butane bubbles to the top.

A toaster oven works great as well 120-170 degrees

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1452296276.545366.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1452296298.027859.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1452296329.445093.jpg

Made with no vac, shatter, tastes great.

7. What about ISO 91 alcohol?

8. sure if you want to add something just as bad as the butane itself. That shits nasty

9. Diethyl ether usually breaks down the bud a little causing lower quality yield. Ive heard of guys using some steel wool in the top of their tubes with mz12x to make it work better. But really, butane is also technically an "organic " solvent but it also produces consistent results. it's just the butane companies are smart enough not to use dangerous marketing tactics (with the exception of Korea 1000000x)

10. winterizing strips terpenes away, no?