Making an ethnobotanical garden

Discussion in 'Marijuana Grow Journals' started by gr0wer, Mar 13, 2004.

1. even more poppies!

Attached Files:

2. potatoes? i pulled this out of my garden while turning it for the tobacco plants. i thre wthm in ther erlay this spring before i was planing this grow but now i had to pull them, They were doing prety good with no attention.

Attached Files:

3. I figgued out what to do with the havanas. I bought a 4ft bag of peat and some pearlite so im making my own soil (peat composted manure and pearlite) and throing the havanas on the otherside of the fence on my deck each in a white 5 gal bucket. Or.. i could go with bubbler buckets :D either way id have to water every day so it wont be that bad.

4. O and i orderd 4 new spore syringes last night B+, EQ, koi samui, and pink buffo. Im also going to be buying a nice set of glass petris for my agar work, im sick of these pos poly petris, i cant pc them and most contam when i wash with bleach then rubbing alcahol.

Im also starting my still up soon!

5. I cleaned my room and organized, i also got rid of a desk i never use so i have tons of room now to work in. I just bought a coffee plant and got a datura cutting from a friend.

Im also building up a spore collection and should have tons of prints to give away to anyone whoos intrested or trade with after i take my own prints. So far i have mexi cube, florida cube, malabar, brazilian, HUA B+, EQ, creeper, koi samui, and pink buffalo... whew! 10 total. I doubt ill have all fruting at the same time, most likley rotate strains or have some indoors the rest outdoors. I got all my teks down good and got that 7 quart jar pressure canner so it should be smooth sailing here in :D.

Attached Files:

6. my room.

Attached Files:

7. an experiment. just soil on the left, soil in a tub of organic runoff in the center for the thr roots to grow into, and a tub with the runoff with about 1/4 of pearlite floating on top to block light. The ph is 7.4 according to my hanna digi ph pen so ill pick up some lime and get it to 6.5 for bio hydro spec since this is a organic/bio grow. I just started the experiment today. I hope the pearlite keeps floating :l

Attached Files:

8. my setup. Drying box and tools are up top and incubator is in the red box up on the right.

Attached Files:

9. Some mexi-cube growth on MEA. you can see a mold contam on the left dish at the bottom right.

Attached Files:

10. my soil bin.

Attached Files:

11. my simple salvia drying box, it dries to bone dry in a bit over a day. Cutting it up helps allot. A baby tobacco leaf is on the right.

Attached Files:

12. Heres a pic i forgot to post of my peach tree and you can see my compost in the back. An di just came back from a headcount of the morning glories adn counted 40 sprouts. I filed one of the sharper sides of teh se to the pointy end wiht a nail file (this allows the root to come out easier) then germinated them in warm water for about 20 hours. then i just dug a 1/2" trench in the back of my garden near the white fence and dumped the seeds allong the trench and covered with soil and watered. Worked well i doubt i lost more then 30% of the seeds overall. Im going to buy and plant more morning glory seeds this week.

13. And heres a straw casing i spawned with the straw/dung casing my dad messed up. Its in a big areo aka rubbermaid tote bucket, i should get a good 1/4oz out of this. :D

Attached Files:

• myco.jpg
      myco.jpg
      File size:
      73.2 KB
      Views:
  14. A quart of mexi-cube on WBS 25% colonized. It should be done in about 5 days, then ill spawn it to about a gal of straw/dung and make a small casing.

Attached Files:

15. Hi grower.
    thought id share this with ya.

Attached Files:

16. A san pedro? Nice! Im looking to get one of them soon, how old is that and is it from seed or cutting. It looks like you forgot ot water a few times, my normal cactus plants look the same cuz my mom always forgets to water.

I looked into the rest of the plants i could grow and the only others besides cacti were yuca and Ayahuasca to extract DMT and 5-MeO-DMT, but that trip seems too had for my taste, and the plants are too expensive. Salvia is crazy enough for now.

17. HI.
    yep a san pedro.
    heard about the nice buzz you get of it so got a friend whos a traveling sales man to look for one.he was looking to score some grass and i knew a hook up he could try out.when he came home at the weekend he not only had some grass he had old pedro in tale to.it was round this guys house when he heard i wanted one gave it away saying hes been trying to give it away for ages.it was in a VERY small pot when i got it and now is getting some tlc.when there realy happy they get more shoots.ive seen one round a freinds mothers house she offerd it to me but it was to big to get in the car with babs aswell.
    laters jay

18. Hey when you get some shoots send me a cutting in a few months! Ill send you a well rooted salvia clone if you want. Whats the soil mix in that?

19. LOL
    do you think it would make the journey ok?
    should have done a search to see what soil it likes cause the poor bastrd only got potting mix and some acidic fert the dry stuff slow release thingy.poor thing when i got it the pot was that small i think it had only a couple of onces of soil.

still trying to work out what to do with it.read only a bit about the prep part some reel long and comp.the easiest is to skin and core it then boil for 12 hrs drink.

laters.

20. Yea they like allot of spagnum (sp?) peat with sand and whatnot, they love dry soil with good drainage. Any plant can make it if you overnight and pack it correctly. The salvas are a bit tricky being a tropical plant. Start with a well rooted and rootbound clone. Put a stake holding all the branches to it. Wrap wet news paper around the base to hold the soil in, then wrap the whole plant in wet newspaper with ruberbands on each end then bag it and box it.

I smoked teh first of teh tobaccoo last night. A leaf broke while working with the plants so i broke it off and put it in my drying box for a day then it went into a book since i wanted to save it. it sat for about 5 days ten last night while looking at it i decided what the heck, i cut teh ends so it was rolling paper sized and rolled a 1/4" thick mini blunt and blazed. Being that my bud is about6-7 motnsh old it lost all harshness so i could just tate a bit of bud and the sweet wrap of jasmine. It was smoother then i would have thought esspecialy because it was a greenish yellow color. Your suposed to ferment and age it to get the flavor out but this was just a free sample. :D