Making an ethnobotanical garden

Discussion in 'Marijuana Grow Journals' started by gr0wer, Mar 13, 2004.

1. wow Gr0 u've got alot going on.....

i've been thinking about shrooms for weeks and cant decide if i really wanna go through with it... is it tough compared to weed growing? i mean in your oppinion. after you set up your jars do u have lots of maintenance to do or is it more of letting em sit there for a while? and how long does it take to get yor own spores? ive read a bit about it but the tech stuff kinda threw me off and i'm rethinking about it since it look like u got exp and i could ask you for help if i ever needed (hopefully :p)

also if u get extra spores and woulnt mind sending em off to canada, i would try growing em for sure :D

good luck on all of your plans for the summer but i'd watch out for those mixes with all those hardcore drugs together....

cya later, keep us posted!

2. I can send you a spore syringe of mexi-cube. You grow them like any cube. There isnt much to do but watch them colonize.

You prep the jars then innoculate them which all together take's about 2 days with minimal and easy work. Let them sit for 6 days or so then shake em to spread out the growth then let them finish colonizing for another 4-7 days. Then you just spread the colonized grain into a tray about 2-3" thick. Cover it with foil or wrap and let it sit for 2-4 days. Case it with about 1/4"-1/2" hydrated 50/50 coir/verm.

Allow 2-4 days for growth to show through teh casing and "pacth" the fuzzy spots by adding extra casing on top of the growth with a spoon.

Once you have even growth across the casing expose it to light once a day using a timer with a lil cfl. Wait till it shows pins then they will grow into fruit's and harvest. You then re-hydrate the casing by misting heavely or "dunking" for full hydration into water overnight in the fridge.

The best thiung to make the fruiting chamber out of is a rubbermaid or any near airtight plastic container about 1' tall. throw a light up top and mist daily.

Im writing up a step through on my tek's so ill give you a copy.

3. uptade! As you can tell the tobaccoo grew allot. the jasmine, which are the larger ones in blue cups will go out sometime this week. The mone calmine in the red solo cups and havana in the small cups (besides the couple big jasmines in the paper cups like lower right in the box) wont go out for anothe 1-2 weeks. The guide for them says put them out when there leaves reach 4" and there 4.5".

I have all those small cups on a tote lid. I pull it away at night so i can shut the door. So the plants on the tray always grow much slower compared to the ones with 24/7 light. And the further away plants are from light the slower they grow but they dotn exhibit any stretch so its good because i can keep em small then put them under the light and grow them to size when i need them. Im not sure what im going to do with this many plants. I know the 8 jasmines will go out in my garden and then the largest 4 montes and then the 4 havanas, then my gardens full!

Attached Files:

4. One of the larger plant's.

Attached Files:

5. side

Attached Files:

6. rooted salvia cutings

Attached Files:

7. My dung/straw casing of florida cube. Its about 1x1' and 4" thick. Im just waiting on the pinset now.

Attached Files:

8. Nice man. I say the pins will show either today or tomorrow. Once pins show they grow like crazy. I saw a time lapse video of it on Shroomery. Its quite interesting. Also those Morning Glories looking nice too. I just picked up 3.7 grams of mush so we can compare ours :D lol. Good luck with shrooms. I wish I could grow them but California has its gay no spores law so I cant get them legit from sources. Ill have to try and find a way. Good luck.

9. hey gr0wer, this has been one hell of a thread to follow.

which of the plants you've been doing is the easiest to grow? lowest maintenance, high vigor, health etc?

10. Just buy spores online! :D

digit,
    I would have to say MJ has been the easiest ive ever grown, but out of this garden tobaccoo is dam easy to grow. Give it light and lots of nutes and they kick ass, but you need to water and nute them often. Poppies are easy to grow too, spread out seeds in a garden sprinkle a thin layer of good soil over them and keep moist for 2 weeks. Then you get tons of sprouts, then you only need to water in dry spells and thin them out to one every 4".

11. thats a nice even casing, be sure to get some shots of those pins when they appear. how did you sterilize the dung and straw? did you smell up the place?

12. i didnt pasturize or anything :D and i used a yeast contamed jar :D i cheated. My dad found the casting tonight and stired it up. dam ass. So im puting it outside and mixing it into some fresh dung/straw. i'll have 3 types of shrooms outdoors, Florida cube, mex and b+ :D

13. Keep kick ass gr0w.... keep kicking ass :D

14. Pics! i moved the jasmine tobacco outside, the monte (wrap tobacco) are next and will go in front of the jasmines. im not sure what to do with the havanas i have. I might give them to a friend of mine then harvest and cure the leaves myself since im have the perfect drying box, a big shed on the north side of the houde so it stays cool.

Attached Files:

15. trying to get the whole garden in here.

Attached Files:

16. My peach tree that is showing its first flower's. This year will be teh first peach harvest from this tree, it takes a few years to maure, around 3-4 but i wants keeping track. I toped it and hopefully it shoudl fill out more and stay low so the kids and girls can pick from it. Im 6'2' and have no problem reaching the top which is about 7-8' but id rather have everyting easily reached and touched by all. That is the purpose anyways right to enjoy your labor having the fruits, visual and textile sensations of beautifull plants.

17. some peach flowers.

Attached Files:

18. One of my best Jasmine tobacco's its about 6" tall

Attached Files:

19. Poppies! I spread a good oz of blue and white persian seeds in the nearest plot and ive been misting hte water daily to keep the top soil wet for the last week or so since thats where the poppy seeds are, right on top with a 1/8-1/4" dusting of dirt.

Attached Files:

20. more poppies! this is the far plot and has the one'd that used to be indoors. They dont transplant well so i lost a few, they have verry weak roots and dont like being disturbed.

Attached Files: