Making an ethnobotanical garden

Discussion in 'Marijuana Grow Journals' started by gr0wer, Mar 13, 2004.

1. yo grower im growing 2 batches of mg each is in there own box, theyre fromt he same soil, the 1 is heavenly blues, and theres a 65 watt fluror there growing really fast, but have a purplish color to them which scares me into thinkin they might have a nutriet defficency or somethin maybe even heat stress, in direct light 8 inches from the lamp is 30 C all the time, the plants are at 11 inches, the other is batch is flying saucers under a 13 watt fluoro which im fixing today i kno its not enough light, theyre growing slower but they are a wicket healthy green color, is this jus the way it goes because of strain or is there somethin wrong with the heavenly blues batch?

edit: by soil i mean the same brand/kind of potting mix

2. I noticed the same my pearly gates are the only ones that re lush and green. Hevenly blue and flying saucers start off all purple and later have purple stems.

I got the 20,000 white persian seeds in the mail and he also gave me a free sample of blue persian seeds. I started 10 solo cups with about 20 seeds in each placed on the top. Im going to thin to one per cup picking the best growing plants in a few days.

I also get the tobacco seeds and started 3 cups one with each strain. Again just placing the seeds on top, patting them down a bit and spraying with water.

I upgraded teh setup over the last few days first i converted my 19w cfl into a 42w cfl with remote balast since i broke my 42w warm bulb. overballasting has been done before up to 2x overpwered. I ran this light for about 5 days. Today when i got my tobacco seeds and starting them i realized the space is way too big for the light. So i upgraded to my 70w HPS from my stealth box.

3. i jus went and got 2 more 65 watt fluoro grow lights for the 19 morning glories i got growing so thats 195 watts of fluoro, then in another week or two when i replenish my funds from the half ounce i jus got im gonna get 2 100w hps thats prolly overkill but im gonna be growing them to about 8 feet tall in my room, and also in about a week or two i have to start off 60 mj seeds in my closet i will prolly throw one of the hps's in there until i can start my outdoor grow

edit: my heavenly blues also opened up faster, but this could be from the 65-13 watt ratio between the heavenly blues and pearly gates, also how tall are yours mine are at 4 inches and tommaro im going to start work on a bamboo lattice for them

"peace in the trees my grower" lol

4. The glories are about 3", the largest working on the 4th node. I took pics of my setup but i lost my uplink cable for the digi cam so.. yea.... ill find it soon or replace it hopefully.

Dread, I just found and tried the best wat to take nutmeg. mix it with juice, it tases nice as except for the ass with the larger chunks. I bet if you blended the nutmeg while dry then add in the juice and keep blending it would make it mix better. Ill try it agin on friday and this time leave the 24 hour rest period. you dont need it but its nice :D

The comedown is weird, its sudden. I was downstars on the couch feeling stoned and went upstairs. When i got into my room i wasnt stoned any more. :confused:

Gr0trees, Put those morning glorys outside bro! Are you nuts they grow like weeds! Plant them in a garden near a fence or in front of bushes. put that light to good use and mabey grow a salvia plant in a climate controlled box with high humidity and temp since salva love's warm moist climates.

I wouldnt get 2x 100w lights. First they arent common, the only way you'd get them is if you custom ordered. The more common lights are 150w or 250w for a small setup. I run a 70w but i only have a 2x1' closet.

And if you can, why not start some dank seeds too!

5. gr0wer,
    have you done a search on damiana on erowid? it sounds like its worth a go.

i have a grow box that i'm going to grow all sorts of legal stuff until either cannabis becomes legal, or i feel safe growing it.

6. It sounds intresting, but I cant find the seeds :(

7. i am starting some seeds soon and the hps i found right at home depot its not like i jus made up a wattage, although i didnt find the fixture for them yet that might be the hard part

8. You bought the bulbs seperatly? YOu only shoul need ot buy seperte buls for a backup or replacment, all fixtures come with the bulb. You should have just bought a fixture from the cheap grow supplies thread in growrron design. OR looked at hoimedepot one row over from the light dept in the security/outdoor lighting isle and get the 150w or 70w hps setup for like $40-45. You'll never find a 100w ballast unles if you order it form 1000bulbs.com. id return teh 100s and get a 150w fixture.

9. i didnt buy the bulbs i saw them and thought to myself thats what i want, the guy suggested a store to goto to get the fixture, and i looked at there fixtures and there all fixtures with mounting hardware and this big huge setup for outdoors, more then i need, anyway ill look into it more when the need arises and ill look over that thread again if i dont find what i want

10. i love your idea with growing whatever. I too have some cat nip going. its lemony. kinda testy to get sprouted though. germination is 8 to 12 days on the package. i caught a pnemonia this weekend as well, outta herb now too, and the light i ordered two weeks ago has not arrived. oh yeah and all of our hot water pipes are froze so not even a bath for me. but the plants are well. ill start a journal when i get my light.
    peace

11. I got the datura seeds,peyote and an ecuador syringe today! :D My poppies just started sprouting overnight! So far about anywhere from one to 15 sprouts per cup, im going to Thin and or transplant some in a few days. I'll start 4 of the datura seeds and start the steralization of the pre-soaked grain today.

12. Post some pics man :)

13. My setup. 70w remote ballast hps, 80mm comp fan blowing out the back hooked up to a 5 volt powersource. The Solo cups down the center are morning glory's. Left side solo cups are persian white poppy and right is blue persian. The near container is catnip sprouts and the 3 small green pots are the 3 types of tobacoo.

Attached Files:

14. flash

Attached Files:

15. shrooms!

Attached Files:

16. seed stash, and growing. i just ordered 140 baby woodrose seeds so im going to grow one or two plants bonzai and wraped around a pole so i can grow it to maturity over the next year. They'l be with the salvia plants, indoors in the winter and outdoors in the summer.

Attached Files:

17. I tried Datura this summer and i litteraly severed my finger. I had a hallucination of a cop and i thought he was going to shoot me so i ran outa my house and i hit a tree so hard my finger snapped. Luckily when my parents took me to the hospital they mistook my hallucinations for shock. Forgot to mention that i was in my backyard for 6 hours with my severed finger running around.

Word of Caution:
    Don't Do Datura

in other words give this shit to the kid you hate

18. how much didi you take? not everyone has a bad trip. You need to take it in low doses, have a sitter or two and dont just take them anytime, wait till the environment is perfect. Thanks fror the advice, i know to respect the plant's power. Thanks for watching out for me!

19. I stongly believe that everyone has a right to experiment and as you have said before just make sure you tripping in a safe place like the one you suggested before.

Good Luck

20. yea i was pretty jacked up on the datura, but you know the ends and outs grO. what do you have spawning in the pint jars as of now?