making a trip to home depot=)

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by DoctorDankk, Jun 9, 2010.

1. Ok so tomorrow im going to home depot,or is their a different store which sells nutrients like, big bloom big buds,etc.

Ok so i was wondering what soil i should get i was thinking fox farms.?

And also if they have nutrients which ones should i get?

I have one plant that is about to start flowering and to seedling that will need to veg for a couple months then flower so i would need nutrients for the seedlings and the plant i currently have that's about to flower.

Im a new grower so it would be cool,if you guys can help me out thanks.

2. #3 HOMERPIMPSON, Jun 9, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 9, 2010
    if your going to be using FF Nutes, you mine as well match that with the soil, either happy frog or Ocean Forrest in my opinion:smoking: for the nutes I would go with grow big, big bloom, and tiger bloom.

3. If you wanna get some fox farm nutes or soil. i'd look at the store locater at hydrofarm.com becuase if they sell lights they got soil and everything else,

4. Can i get these at home depot?

So if get fox farms nutes,like grow big,big bloom,and tiger bloom i should use FF's soil right?

Just wondering if they have this at home depot?

5. I highly doubt you'll find FF products at home depot.

For soil I would check out Pro Mix or Kellogs. For nutes, they will have their N-P-K ratio's listed. For veg, get something higher in N than P and K, and for flowering, get something with more P and K than N.

6. home depot doesnt carry FF. they mostly just carry miracle grow stuff

just check your yellowpages or do a google search for a local hydroponics store, as those stores usually carry better quality nutrients and soils

7. #8 nochump, Jun 9, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 10, 2010
    you're new to this like me :wave:
    there are lots of good stickys in the absolute beginners forum and this forum that will send you off in the right direction for types of soil and nutes, they helped me a lot ..:D
    don't know where u live but if you really want fox farm u might have to order online.
    Good luck!

8. alright thanks guys,are nutrients expensive lol.?

9. fox farm is like 30 bux, Miraclegro is like 5 bux, you get what you pay for i hear :D

10. if i were u i'd get some cheap stuff first, you're gonna want to experiment and do some research and find out what you need and works best for you. Things will probably get more expensive as you get more involved :D

11. Miracle Grow nutrients aren't that bad, it's the soil that's crap.

But like nochump said, you get what you pay for. The more expensive nutes are more expensive because they put micronutes that your plant needs in their formula whereas the cheaper ones don't. If you do go with Miracle Grow, try to find some Cal-mag too just in case.

12. Ok,so if i get miracle grow soil i should get some cal-mag as well?

Also what nutrients do miracle grow have and which ones do you guys recommend i should get?

13. No no no, do not get their soil. 90% of their soil lines have time release ferts. Get some Pro Mix soil or Kellogs.

As for the nutes, any will work as long as it has more N than P and K for veg and more P and K than N during flowering. The N-P-K ratio should be on the boxes.

14. ya for example i'm trying 30-10-10 now for veggin and 10-30-10 for flowering. as posted my stuff lacks calcium and mag, but should be ok till I get some pro seeds.
    any difference using plant food over fertilizer or is the same stuff?

15. ok man thanks,ill look for some pro-mix.

Also it should be cool asking for this stuff right?

Like i can ask a worker "hey where can i get some vegging and flowering nutrients for plants?"

right?

16. I would phrase it more like grow and bloom. Don't take his word for it though, look for the NPK ratios.

17. homedepot carries kellog soil and i highly recommend that for a grow

18. aha,alright man i'll take your word for it.

it's a liquid right,just asking because you said in a box.
    I always saw nutrients in a bottle and you mix about a tea spoon with one gal of water