Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Making a strong hard candy

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by Ediblenoob, Feb 26, 2018.

1. I have been doing edibles now for a few years and by no means an expert. I have some of the basics down and I'm able to make baked goods pretty well, so I wanted to try my hand at making candy and gummies. I just tried making some hard candies with a distillate this weekend. I used a gram of distillate with a regular hard candy recipe (sugar, water, light corn syrup). I know not to add the thc when it's reaching or near the hard crack stage so I waited till it went down to 260 degrees. I then stirred in the distillate and quickly put it in the molds. the distillate is about 900 mg of thc in the gram, i was able to make 30 candies, which if i did the math correctly it should be about 30 mg of thc per candy. so my problem is that i have had 2 candies at two different times to judge 1 on it's own. The high is not that strong, I wasn't sure if it's because there is no fat in the recipe for the body to absorb or if there is another reason why it's not as strong as it should be? Any help or resources would be great! I have tried to make it with coconut oil but i was never able to get the oil incorporated. I also have seen people use jello, but I wanted to try and stay away from that to really give it a real store bought candy feel and taste. Thank you

• Like Like x 1
  2. 30 mg is not a large dose. I shoot for 100 mg worth of an edible. Hard candy did not work for me- they tasted bad, took to long to eat, and I had to eat too many. I have a high tolerance. I did not see anything wrong with your tech. Another Tincture thread has recipes, index in first post, that you may like. Hope you find something you're pleased with.

3. I prefer my other baked goods, but I wanted to see if I could get this under my belt. But it has become a pricey obsession that I need to let go for now.