making a grow box

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Adeluca61, Mar 31, 2009.

1. hi, i'm about to buy some thing to make myself a nice stealth box for my babies. i have a nice plan sketched out, but i was looking at some things at the home depot and i couldn't find some good light sockets that don't require me to rip up the walls and attach them to the breaker. has anyone thats made a grow box found something good and possibly cheap that might work for me? i was hoping i could just cut out a circle on the side of the box and feed a cord through it to plug into an outlet. thanks in advance

2. Use a surge protector strip, like one you use for your computer. It can be mounted inside the top of your space, and you have 6-8 plugs. Add Y splitters and bulbs and you have lots of easy lighting.

3. This dudes right make sure you get a good one with the ground fault on it in case it gets wet

4. Are there y splitters that plug directly into the strip or does it have to be modified.

5. No, no modifications are necessary with the Y splitters. They just plug into the power strip like any appliance with a plug does. The Y splitter has a V shaped socket with two holes, so two bulbs can screw into it. You can double your bulbs using these.