making a bong out of glass bottle

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by crippieboy, Jan 17, 2010.

1. #1 crippieboy, Jan 17, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 17, 2010
    I recently bought a glass slider with the hopes of drilling a hole in a beer bottle to make a bong. The guy at the smoke shop told me to use a 1/2 inch diamond tipped drill bit to drill a hole in the beer bottle. My question is it doesn't look like the slider will sit up straight in the beer bottle. If any of you have done the same thing, will you please post a tutorial or pictures of how this worked for you. thanks.

2. Go to the store and find something that has a glass bottle more suited for a bong. The angle the stem will be at with a beer bottle is going to be crap.

3. #3 Selanda, Jan 17, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 17, 2010
    Certain liquor bottles work well too although the one I crafted feels a bit small for my liking. The nice thing is it's easy to leave sitting around without people noticing because it doesn't look obviously modified with the slider removed. I used clear sealant around the flare so it isn't obvious it's there unless you look from the side.

The next one I do will be a larger artsy-looking vase and a diffused down-stem.

Attached Files:

4. jus drill it at the angle you want it and it willl make more of an eliptical hole which the stem can be slid into correctly