Making A Better Oil Pen (PICS INCLUDED)

Discussion in 'E-Liquids & E-Juice, E-Cigarettes' started by WaxPayne, Apr 13, 2013.

I pre ordered this as well. 

[​IMG]

i know this works because of this video

http://youtu.be/S98WZOKrc-c

2. I'm wondering if these would come close to the Persei experience :

http://www.litecigusa.net/Smoktech_510_BOLT_MOD_Grey_p/boltkit-grey.htm

http://www.myvaporstore.com/MINI_MVari_Stick_BODY_UNIT_p/mltbu.htm

Then you could use one of these :

http://www.myvaporstore.com/SMOKTech_Double_Barrel_p/smok-db.htm

Then two Kangers or two Smoketech DC Carts . That would be awesome :)
    The Provari looks pretty promising. There are many different VV mods but the best are usually pretty expensive. (ZMAX) I love using my pen with my Ecig carts as well. The diversity of 510 and Ego thread are nice.

3. Would it be safe to say that most vape pens on the market are pretty much working at the same efficiency?

My buddy keeps getting on his high horse that his micro g pen is better...

But I am pretty sure all pens are exactly the same. Just different replacement carts and different designed cartomizers

4. #104 WaxPayne, Jul 19, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 19, 2013

Not exactly the same but when it comes to Gpens or Stok pens, these Egos beat them. Larger battery capacity, more attachment options, and variable voltage make the Ego Twist pens better than the G's :) Oh i forgot to mention cheaper price as well.

Been checking out the Vision VV Spinner. It's just like the Joytech Ego Twist except it carries a 1300mah battery capacity and the bottom where u adjust the voltage has a nice gripped exterior.

Check them out here : http://www.myvaporstore.com/Vision_Spinner_VV_eGo_Battery_1300mAh_p/vs-s1300.htm

Pretty nifty. Would love to buy a Zmax too. It's a monster of a vape.
    http://www.litecigusa.net/Smoktech_ZMAX_Mini_Stainless_Steel_VV_VW_APV_p/zmax-mini-ss.htm
    It's extendable as well with the capability to add more battery power!

5. Are there any cheaper alternatives to the hash oil atomizer by gentlemans?

The cartomizers are really hit/miss. I used one for 1 week and another for a month. But about the same about was used

I am trying to find the best working, longest lasting cartomizer. I seriously considering getting the gtank and attaching it

Also, I think atmos raw battery is 510 threaded and it looks a lot sexier than the joye battery. I may get one later

But on topic; anybody have suggestions for the best working cartomizer that lasts the longest?

6. Should I bother setting up a cartomizer thread? I feel that the cartomizer is really the most important peice in the quality of the vaping. Maybe give the pros, cons, efficiency, price

7. A cheaper alternative to the gentlemens hash atty is a joytech LR atomizer. Its almost the exact same except the ceramic cup in the center seems a little smaller and you have to remove the bridge which can be a pain. Im still looking around for alternatives so far i like the glass globe other than the kangers and gentlemens. Still alot of options out there and still on the way.

8. Thank you!

I may make a thread for atty's and carts

The globe works great but it starts to add up in price

9. Also, I was wondering how long the LR joyetech carts you metioned last?

Lol I just wish there was a cheap, stron atty with good vapor production so that I wouldn't have to worry about this issue

10. My atty still works. As do the Gentlemen's too though. I feel like the Gentlemen's gives a nicer hit but maybe because you dont have to remove the bridge like the joytech.

I have been enjoying the pens though , my Glass Globe suffered a tragic mishap unfortunately . I like that atty alot because of the ease of use. Not to mention glass although if it were just a little thicker that would be cool , which is what peaked my interest in the Nibbler mentioned by Hyekakan, plus the built in perc is always welcomed.

If you ever use Ecigs, there are also many different attachments that use Ego threads which is nice because one could have a cart full of wax and a cart full of ejuice for a long night out. for ecig carts the SmoketchDCT Pyrex is my favorite followed by a Kanger Evod .
    I would love to make a tincture to put into these things.

11. I'm guessing you guys are in med states and buy your oil?

Or are you making it yourself?

I've been following this thread since page 1 (and various other research on FC and net) and still disappointed that theres no decent herb carts yet.

Live in IL so oil is hard to find, and when its available its usually not done properly.  Been way too busy to start learning the process on my own or I'd do it already

omg looks so craaazy

13. CA right here MR :D i usually buy but have made a few runs. No herb carts as of yet that truly vape flowers but i dont doubt that there will be one worthwhile soon :)

14. Damn you CA guys, haha. If I could find some in nearby (medical) MI or something, I'd be willing to drive out there, but yea I'm anxiously waiting for a decent herb cart.

I like my portable Arizer Solo but with that its basically once you turn it on, you're prepared to have a 8-10 min session, not just a quick hit or 2 like an oil pen

15. Im sure youd be able to find great concentrates in MI man, if u ever get the chance to make your own though, take it! Its not too tough to do and there are soo many tutorials on here to help along the way. :D i just used youtube, this was before discovering the awesome community this forum has to offer.

Fuck yea man i still want a Solo, i use my Davinci for portability. My desktop is the EQ though :metal: would love a DBV but my brother owns one and hes right across the parking lot lol.

16. #117 MR_, Jul 25, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 25, 2013
    Yea I have a Solo and Da Buddha, both great units but I liked the one hit style of the MFLB, but that thing was a PITA with the batteries, keeping it upright, etc etc

We will see how much time I have in the next month and start learning the process, or try finding some in MI, whichever happens first

17. I didn't read all 6 pages so far but I would like to give my 2 cents.

1.) If you really want to vape oil ditch the ego style pens.... they lack the power.
    2.) No atomizer/cartomizer/globe out there is worth its salt.... in my book

Now, what I have found that does work :)  (you can thank my quest to quit smoking cigs for finding it!!)

1) Battery,

This part is key. While the ego's can drive the off the shelf atty/carts, they lack the juice to really vape oil/wax. They hit like cigarettes. The e-cig modders use what they call a "Mechanical Mod" or AVP (advanced personal vaporizer) What they are... are basicly a battery holder with a 510 e-cig connection and a button lol!!! no electronic circuits to be found!!!!

Why you ask? Simple..... Power.  Electronic circuits have power limits. With electricity, Power(Watts) = Volts X Amps
    Ego style batteries max out around 7-9 watts, some of the larger (18xxx lipo battery based) ones can do 15watts tops.

Now the Mechanical Mod/AVP has no limits.... none.... which is why they call them "advanced" as in "for Advance users". Your battery you put in it is the limit now, no fancy electronics to save your ass here lol but with it you can accomplish great things :)  (FYI, a AW IMR 18650 is rated for 10amp constant/ 18amp peak discharge @ 3.7v or 37-59watts!!)

2) Re-buildable Dripping Atomizer (also known as RBA, RDA and Drip atomizer)

Now, while not designed for oil/wax use.......BUHUHAHAHAHAWWWW!!!!

What it is, is just as the name states, a re-buildable atomizer. You buy some Nichrome/Kanthal wire, wrap up your own coil, drop in a dab and BOOM!!! Puts my TI nail/bong to shame!!!

My favorate build so far =
    Kamery k100 (really cheap mechanical ebay) $35
    AW IMR 18650 Battery (google) Make sure you get a "AW"
    Nimbus RBA (ebay nimbus atomizer) $20
    3/32 "7x7" 316 Stainless Steel Cable (McMaster Carr)
    500 stainless mesh (ebay)
    22ga Kanthal A-1 Resistance wire (ebay)

For the Nimbus build, first I remove one of the outer ground pins with a pair of pliers. Then I take about 3/4" the stainless cable, torch it till it glows, then wrap a single layer of oxidized mesh around 3/8" of one end of the cable. (search youtube for "wire cable wick" for more examples). I then bend the cable in a "U" shape. Finally I wrap 5 wraps of 22ga Kanthal wire (~0.25ohm) on the mesh covered end of the cable. I also drilled out the vent hole on the cap. Where it had 1 small hole, now has 3 x 1/16" holes.

How does it perform? well as my fellow "thunder lung" combatant said "It makes enough smoke to choke a donkey!

18. #119 WaxPayne, Jul 26, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 26, 2013
    The Ego vapes the wax man, trust me. i dont oppose using a telescopic or mech apv at all, this thresd was just designed with affordability and portability in mind. Some APVs are so large (original Zmax) theyre tough to conceal. They do function better though amd last longer in terms of battery life amd overall build quality, but again this is more of a learning guide for beginners who want to eventually upgrade if they get serious about their pens. Would love me a Lambo or Provari :) Dude i would love if u could add some pics with that RDA, it would realky help alot. Even though i dont recommend most people who venture into this thread to use RDAs (for saftey reasons) Also might get a new attachment that may work out perfectly for easy dabbing. Its the joye Atomizer Body. Looks simple to use amd maintain, hope,it works though. Next week im gonna prder and find out. Till then, i still got my other stuff to use. Dude i wish i coukd make a tincture to use with my Smoktech DCT Pyrex tank, it produces massive clouds and provides a smooth hit

19. I know the ego's can vape the wax, but for me they are too weak IMO.

Let me give you a little background..... I smoke a lot.... a lot. I only smoke oil, weed does very little for me without going through a lung workout. When I dab, the traditional way on a nail, I generally do about a "m&m" sized dab...the damn e-cig mod+RBA can make my vision dim before I can exhale hehehe should I choose to.

My main gripe with most of the wax/oil vapes out there is the "draw" or "pull". Its impossible for me to get a good hit. its like trying to suck though a pin hole.... I look like a "hungry hungry hippo" trying to get a good rip out of one.

The pull on my RBA is very close to sucking air though a soda straw.

I meter my intake by the length I have the e-cig on duing my pull/hit. about 2-3 sec. enough to be a one hitter quitter, yes I said "one hitter quitter",  step it up to 5-6 seconds and I'll be choking, sweating and fighting for air!!!