Makin a trippy metal CD, Any suggestions?

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by nodestiny, Jun 26, 2003.

1. I was looking at some drowning pool, slipknot, mudvayne, fear factory, etc...

Any suggestions and songs? Metal only please.

2. dont listen to any of them. listen to dream theatre and try to keep up with the ever changing time signatures (fun for a little while). tool is good. i personally like iced earth a lot. i dont really like much death metal but its much better when stoned.

3. Is there really such thing as trippy metal?

4. There's definatley such a thing as trippy metal, but it's definatley not in form of "drowning pool, slipknot, mudvayne, fear factory, etc..." as far as I'm concerned, although I do enjoy some old Fear Factory. (Not a bash at your tastes, just what I think).

Anyway, here are some metal bands which I find very trippy. (I'm steering away from the insanely heavy ones here).

At The Gates, Death, Strapping Young Lad, Dimension Zero, In Flames, Iron Maiden, Morbid Angel, Emperor, Black Sabbath, Martyr and Dragonforce (if you can stand the cheese!)

5. AHHH dont like super heavy stuff where you cant tell what their saying, though. Slipknot has some cool trip stuff though. Mudvayne too! Maybe not a few others, but there effects and what not are nice...

Any other suggestion?

6. Well some Rammstein could be metal sorta, though they're industrial who cares, its trippy shit. Go for some tool too...

7. Heres some trippey metal.
    Nine Inch Nails : any album they put out.
    Primus : don't know how to explain this band
    Fugais : grunge band but they sound good
    mega death
    sound garden
    pink floyd
    husker du
    ministry
    janes adiction
    jimi hendrix
    black sabbath
    burzum
    mayhem
    tool
    listen to these bands you might like them. Old and new bands here

8. trippie metal?? hmm maybe Neurosis

9. Two bands you need on a trip album not super heavy but really trippy.
    Mastodon - Blood Mountain, The Hunter, Crack The Skye
    Baroness - Yellow and Green, The Red Album

10. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gw-6IIBXNSQ]Cynic - The Space For This - YouTube[/ame]

11. Deep purple child in time

12. I would suggest tool, meshuggah, Cynic, Athiest, baroness, electric wizard, periphery, suffocation, twelve foot ninja, we butter the bread with butter :p. A lot of progressive metal or sludgy stuff is pretty trippy imo.