Makeup

Discussion in 'General' started by The Stud, Aug 14, 2014.

1. For those of us who wear it regardless of gender. How often do you wear makeup? How much makeup do you wear? When going out on the town (lol) what is your favorite style? I figure I might start putting on makeup everyday when i start school, but honestly it will probably just be with the thought. I am much too lazy! i hardly bother with makeup ever, even though it is fun... Sometimes.. Random thread is random thread tl;dr if you are too fucking lazy to read like four sentences gtfo.. I love you all, have an amazing day.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. I've worn it twice, both times caked the fuck on.

That stuff is a BITCH to get off. Never again.

3. Man if people spent less time painting their face away ....

I mean, just another one of those "retarded" things humans do. Like, think about it. Putting different paint on your face. Are you ashamed of how you look naturally?

4. It depends on the occasion. Before work? None. If I'm going out with my boo at night, a full face of concealer, foundation, eyeliner, liquid eyeliner, several eyeshades, mascara, lipstick or lipg gloss and maybe blush.

If I'm going out during the day, maybe nothing or if it's a day date, maybe just some concealer, mascara, eye shadow, and eyeliner.

But there are many factors. It depends on how tired I am usually. Most days I go without make up but I do like to dress up and feel sexy for my man.

5. work or anything that might involve me to sweat - just primer, eye liner, mascara, lip shimmer usually
    just out - nothing or the above^^
    out on the town - primer, eye liner, mascara, concealer, foundation, blush, lip shimmer, eye shadow is optional..
    this and color choices all depends on how much fear i want to put into your heart on that day.
    or how late i rolled out of bed.

6. I really hate feeling foundation and stuff on my skin, I avoid it as much as possible. I like lip gloss and mascara. sometimes eyeliner if I'm in the mood for it, I don't wear eye shadow very much anymore either, If I do I like natural browns and stuff, not into colorful eye shadow.

I love mascara. If I can't wear anything else, at least give me mascara lol.

7. Its no different than tattoos, or piercings, except makueup isnt permanent.

Something to think about before casting stones.

Though I do agree that most all women are fucking perfect the way they are without the need to alter themselves, but im not gonna hate on anyone who lifts their self esteem with a temporary fix. Plus, in a world where women are not equal to men and straight men are for the most part, chauvinistic shallow sex feines, its another way to manipulate our easily manipulated senses.

More power to em!

8. #8 littlemisspuffit, Aug 15, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 15, 2014
    i started wearing make up because most people think i'm like 16 without it and +18 suiters are usually afraid to talk to me for fear of prison.

plus you may not notice these giant light brown eyes if it werent for the bright blue eye liner making them pop out in the sun light.
    this is something i feel you need to see.
    a zit? dark circles? you don't need to see that. you haven't even bought me dinner yet. you don't get to see that!!

9. Haha I look like a kid without it too!

10. Only on Halloween...The Crow goin' on five years, The Crow is sick. :cool:

[​IMG]

11. #11 Royksopp, Aug 15, 2014
    If you want everyday makeup and don't have too much to cover up (some redness, blemishes), try some bb or cc creams. They are light enough so that your face doesn't feel caked on and they have the added bonus of SPF. I have yet to find the right one that works for me, I'm still looking. A lot of people seem to be against makeup and I don't know why, makeup is beautiful and is an art. You have to know which products work best with your skin and what products will address your needs. That requires a lot of trial and error that a lot of people are too lazy to do lol. 

When it comes to school, I wear foundation, foundation powder (brings it all together), a little blush and mascara. Eyeliner too sometimes. That's my preffered "natural" look.

When it comes to going out I rarely do anymore but when I used to it'd be pretty much the same as above except I'd wear eyeshadow. I'd use browns so that my eyecolor could stick out more. Winged eyeliner is probably my favorite thing to do, it just makes your eyes POP if done right. There's so many different top eyeliners you can do, find the one that works with your eye shape. My "go to" has been kat von d's liquid eyeliner. Pricey but it lasts a while and it's a good product. Also lipstick! A peachy lip or red lips are my usual colors.

Last but not least, always prime your face! You wouldn't paint something without priming the canvas first, right? Same goes for your face. Look for the primers that fit your needs. I've tried the VS airbrush one and it's really nice and has SPF, so it's only good for daytime unless you want a shiny ass face at night lol. The POREfessional from Benefit is expensive but awesome, makes your skin velvety smooth and gets rid of the appearance of pores. 

12. Normal: black/blue liquid liner, black mascara (does anyone actually buy brown?) 

Special occasion: normal^^ plus eyeshadow (browns, golds and oranges look good with my blue/gray eyes but I'll wear p much any color) and lipstick (color depending on clothing) 

Honestly, I don't like foundation or cover up, it feels gross and I don't need it (my mother's side blessed me with good skin).

To the guys out there: women (or those who wear makeup) don't always wear it to with the intention of impressing others. A lot of the time, it's just fun to experiment with different looks. It's an opportunity to switch things up and seriously, it's really fucking fun sometimes. 

13. #14 Royksopp, Aug 15, 2014
  14. Oh, thank god, I've been freed from my shackles! Thank you for showing me how 'retarded' I am, for "Painting" my face.
    LOL JK, it's called blending and contouring sweetie.
    I'm sure you use deodorant, soap and other products. Are YOU ashamed of how you smell naturally?

[​IMG]

15. Yeah two years is a LONG time to leave makeup on! :lol:

16. #17 littlemisspuffit, Aug 15, 2014
    i just got into liquid eyeliner and honestly FUCK IT. it's sooo bright and pretty but it burns my eyes and if you mess up ughhh haha but its growing on me with practice. but even if i just use a pencil, if i use primer first, the color is still vibrant and stays. also i do buy brown eyeliner for the top lids sometimes. just for a softer look than black at work. i was doing all blue and people seemed intimidated haha

LOL i sometimes remove it all in the middle of the day and re do it. take it off every night unless i party too hard.
    exfoliate often, use your toner, and
    [​IMG]

17. As far as makeup goes, I actually wear it fairly regularly. Umm.. No particular style; I just like to try to shade everything in a way that accents my facial structure and the likes. As long as the phrase "You're a McDonald, not a whore" is not applicable, I am fine. 

18. I put it on my pillow to practice kissing, but it always smears.

19. Naw. I disagree. Scent is different.

'Blending' your face to look 'better' is dumb. Just like tattoos and piercings.

Now, if the paint was for the purpose of hunting, then totally valid.

Disclaimer: this is just my oppinion. It's not more no less then yours.