Makeup, Beauty, Skincare

Discussion in 'Fashion & Lifestyle Trends' started by Madeenz, Dec 13, 2015.

1. I only wear makeup when going to the club. lol

I'm very particular about my products, nonetheless. I apply a layer of Aveeno daily nourishing moisturizer with vitamin C (Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate) every time I come out of the shower. SAP is a vitamin C serum that is scientifically proven to reduce acne scars and regenerate the skin, especially in combination with AHA chemical skin peels.

[​IMG]

I apply glycolic acid skin peels about once every 3 months, though I would highly recommend getting it done professionally. Do not try it at home, in other words, unless you've studied the topic compulsively, and followed the instructions thoroughly.. and obviously, don't bother with skin peels if your skin is already perfect. Some people have more sensitive skin than others. Some people can and do end up looking like they've put their heads inside a bee hive, days after applying the peel!

When it comes to foundation, I am a firm believer that you should never use more than a pinch of it to cover your entire face, and when I say a pinch, I do mean a pinch. Grab yourself a one cent coin, cover the surface of it with liquid foundation, and use that for your entire face. That's how little should be used.

Ideally, people should NOT be able to tell that you're wearing foundation, at all. Some women literally make themselves look older wearing too much foundation. That's because the coating of foundation dries out like paint, and then cracks.. revealing the tiny crevices inbetween.

[​IMG]

Also, if you're going to wear foundation, you might as well wear eyeliner and go with the full package. Otherwise it'll make your face look lifeless. I recommend pencil eyeliner, take your time. I personally apply eyeliner right on my waterline, as opposed to under the eyelid.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  2. Twee's public service announcements

- etude house proof 10 eye primer is better then my urban decay and too faced eye primer. It's a Korean brand and it retails for less then 10 dollars. I also use the Etude house brow pencil as well, it's got a nice waxy texture that doesn't come out as chalky and it has a spoolie at the other end which is always helpful
    - I love love love my shu umura eyelash curler (I have poker straight lashes that grow outward) but buying the refills can be expensive. Well it's a good thing that the E.L.F eyelash curler refills fit! :D
    - Monistat chafing powder gel? Oh, just the best dupe ever for smashbox primer. You are all just going to trust me on this one. Thank me later. Ok so chafing gel mightn't look cute in your makeup bag but you're a bad ass bitch, you don't even care.

• Like Like x 3
  3. Jane - I agree with everything. Pretty much my philosophy about makeup

Twee - you are a godsend and I'm really tempted to order all those on Amazon right now

• Like Like x 3
  4. Wtf I just discovered this : (

• Like Like x 2
  5. I just saw this lol.

Here she is with her car.

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 3
  6. Beautiful!

7. [​IMG]

So I thought I could just do my own dreadlocks and care, but as it turns out.. I am not qualified.

The aloe Vera gel only helps a little bit..

Sent from my 710C using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 2
  8. Btw my lovely bladies, I never shared this with y'all but you guys have to try this stuff

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1458650624.064601.jpg

I drink it daily and sometimes 2-3 cups before a big event. I've really noticed more radiance, and best part of all it makes your skin look good without any makeup on. Some people rub the bag on their face after but idk haven't done that yet!

• Like Like x 2
  9. [​IMG]

Really excited for this! Will literally start saving up now in order to buy as much as I can in October cuz I love the lipsticks (and their names!)

10. More random beauty things.

1. I forgot to wear SPF the other day and my skin was literally peeling. A good solution for the pain is freezing cubes of aloe vera gel. It soothes and treats the pain.
    2. I use a heated eyelash curler I got in Korea, but if you're used to the western eyelash curlers you can always heat them using the warm air from a hair drier first. It will help hold the curl for longer :3
    3. Peppermint oil + any lipgloss = lip plumper
    4. Sweet almond oil can act as a good make up remover, it is rich in vitamin E which is excellent for your skin and it can soothe inflamed skin which therefore makes it great for people with eczema or sensitive skin types. I got a bottle in the health food shop for €3.
    5. If any of you have an Asian supermaket or the like in your area, check to see if they have the salux nylon japanese cloth. It literally changed my skin. It's kind of like those scrubby glove things you get in the body shop. It is quite abrasive and a superior exfoliater, but not painful (unless it's brand spanking new or you are way too enthusiastic). It is long enough (~3ft?) to use to scrub your back like one of those loofah strap things with the handles on the end, and does amazing job of making your shower gel or soap foam up like crazy. Honest to god, my skin has never been softer. I think I got it in the Asian mart in my city for €6 or something. Try it. Thank me later.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  11. Thanks for these luscious tips....my taint is beginning to look a bit discolored/rusty and these will deffo come in handy!

12. For me beauty is most of all connected with the make-up and hairstyles :)
    I adore make-up, my top products for it are lipsticks, eye shadows and mascara :rolleyes: I prefer the bright colours but I use also the natural ones, depending on my certain daily style :rolleyes: For me the process of putting make-up on my face is smth lke a type of art, I really enjoy with this process :)
    Another one is hairstyling. I prefer the short haicuts, especially different types of Bob haircuts like in this gallery, they pefectly fit me and are rather comfortable compering with the long hair :D
    I'm also a fan of bright colours on my head too so I tried different types of them. Last time my hair was like on this picture :rolleyes:
    [​IMG]

I like the nailcare too but only sometimes :)

• Like Like x 1
  13. I have a lot of acne problems and I love Avene Cicalphate cream. I feel like it does have some effect on repairing somewhat my skin. And then I hide my imperfections with Sephora foundation: it's cheap and has a wider range of colors than most other brands, i feel.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Locs can be difficult to start. I got mine started with a loctician and saw her every other month for some maintenance. After a while I stopped seeing her and was taking care of them on my own.

I do recommend getting them at least started professionally. After they mature a bit you can probably do them on your own, and then see your loctician as you see fit.

Biggest don't:
    Do not use wax.
    Find a shampoo that doesn't leave a residue as you really don't want product build up.
    Sleep in a satin bonnet or dread sock. Lint from random fabric can cling to your locs and no one wants lint build up.

• Like Like x 3
  15. I had a friend with dreads for a few years ... I was happy for her when she got rid of them and grew her hair back she looked attractive and her smell was no longer offensive .... Just my opinion they never look good on pale or fair skin ... But style takes time to acquire and settle into and what works today need not be forever.

16. Skincare has always been notoriously expensive. I always thought Sephora was expensive as hell....until I started looking for some serious skincare products. Not going to lie, my skin is actually pretty problem free, but I am trying to make it more radiant and also prevent aging as soon as I can.

I just found out about this brand called The Ordinary. They are a skincare brand that JUST came out about a month ago and are doing something pretty revolutionary - they're selling no frills skincare products for dirt cheap. I'm talking serums that usually cost $70+ for less than 10 BUCKS. And they have the SAME ingredients and strength!

Currently I'm loving these 2 products I've tried out, which cost me friggin $12.70 TOTAL and free shipping. I bought mine from Deciem.com after seeing videos from Wayne Goss about it and also hearing everyone RAVE about on skincare forums.

upload_2016-10-15_15-21-54.png
    Niacinamide is excellent for brightening skin tone and restoring skin to prevent aging. My skin can look a little dull at times, and I've really loved adding this to my night routine.

upload_2016-10-15_15-24-18.png
    Hyaluronic acid is ahmazingggggg. It's an excellent humectant that attracts moisture to your skin and makes it look plump and glowy. I mix 3 drops of this with the niacinimide at night in a thin layer all over. I usually wait 20 minutes to make sure it's deeply absorbed before applying my night moisturizer.

Lastly, I've really been loving products by CeraVe! They are so gentle and I never realized that I had skin on the drier side from my use of scrubs and peels. Their hydrating cleanser feels like heaven on my skin!

17. #77 KDortch, Oct 22, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2016
    Thank you for creating a thread for beauty lovers. Make up and skin care products are the things we ladies can't live without. I would like to share a party incident here. Last year one of my friends got married and yesterday was her first anniversary. She looked flawless in her party. The spots on her face and the pigmentation was fading slowly. She advised me to have a look at Image skincare products http://www.imageskincare.com/by-concern/anti-aging she has used since her marriage, which brought such confident revolution in her.

• Like Like x 1
  18. I've never posted in the forums but this thread got me so excited. I love beauty and skincare so much! Here's my daily routine w/ the products I use.

BTW I'm a huge E.L.F fan. about 57% of the products use are from E.L.F but I am no means biased when it comes to their products.

E.L.F daily hydrating face wash/ once a week I use their exfoliating face wash followed by their hydrating moisturizer then I use Pearl Essences hydrating rose water.

After that I prime my face with elf's pore minimizer primer ( with this primer a little goes a long way) followed by using their acne fighting foundation. I'm pretty sure this foundation was ~$8 and let me tell you it gives a crap ton of coverage for an $8 foundation. I've also never experienced separation or creasing with it. I blend it out with bareminerals foundation brush and then I use elf's HD powder (clear) to set my foundation (I also use their powder brush).

Then I do my eyes. I have a few eyeshadow palettes that I rotate from. My favorites are Wet n wilds new rose gold nude palette (which gave suprising good color pay off! It was only $6 too!), Make up Revolution's cool toned matte palette, or NYX's love in paris palette. I also use milani's eye shadow quad (I use it for the white and dark red shadow only I then do whatever eye shadow look I'm feeling that day. After I finish my eyeshadow I use elf's liquid eyeliner which btw I don't reccomend picking up. The formula for a $1 liquid eyeliner is great but the packaging gets tedious. And sometimes when I'm feeling it I follow up with Too faced better than sex mascara.

After eyes comes contouring/bronzing. I use NYX's countour/ highlighting powder palette. I only use powder contour kits bc I found creams to accentuate my pores and set on my face weird.

Blush comes next. I use either this dusty pink blush from Milani, elfs dark blush quad, or their light blush quad.

after all thats done I spray some setting spray and put on some lipstick. Either matte or satin finish. (I've used liquid lipsticks and matte liquid lipsticks but never liked the feel of them on my lips) Brands of lipticks I use are NYX, Bite Beauty, and Milani.

That concludes my daily make up routine!

• Like Like x 1
  19. [​IMG]
    Break-through technology designed to give you noticeably tighter skin

The Titan procedure is a safe, non-surgical process that treats lax, sagging skin, thus reversing the signs of aging. It is suitable for patients of any age or skin type. The most common treatment areas are:
    • Neck
    • Face
    • Jaw line
    • Upper arms
    • Abdomen
    • Eyes
    • Knees
    What does a treatment involve?

The Titan device utilizes infrared light to safely heat the dermis well below the skin’s surface. When the heat is applied, it stimulates a thermal response in the dermis as existing collagen contracts, and new collagen grows. The result is gradual tightening of the skin over the treated area. Unlike older RF (radio-frequency) technologies such as Thermage, Titan is significantly more comfortable and far more effective. It is designed to tighten and firm your skin naturally, without the risks and recovery time associated with invasive surgical procedures.
    What results can I expect from a Titan skin tightening procedure?

Depending on the treatment area, the Titan procedure takes approximately 30 to 90 minutes to perform. There is very little discomfort associated with the treatment, other than a brief heating sensation when each Titan pulse is delivered. Immediately following the procedure, there may be some redness and mild swelling in the treated area which typically dissipates within a few hours. Most patients return to their normal activities immediately after treatment.
    In order to achieve optimal results, we recommend a series of three Titan treatments, spaced approximately one month apart. This optimizes the repair process that leads to the formation of new collagen. Gradual tightening of the treated area will continue for up to six months, and skin will be more resilient against future aging.

Phsyician skincare

20. I love that scrubby thing! I ordered one off amazon months ago and its gr8.