Makeup, Beauty, Skincare

Discussion in 'Fashion & Lifestyle Trends' started by Madeenz, Dec 13, 2015.

1. OPI! Best nail polish ever, if you do it properly with base and top coat it'll last at least a week with no ugly chips - depending on what you're up to that week obviously.
    I try to tell my friends to stop washing their faces. I never wash my face, when I was a teenager I noticed as soon as I started using the usual blackhead cleansers etc my skin got worse. The only problem is it has stopped me getting into a skincare regime, which isn't good now considering my age, I'm gonna end up with a face like a melted welly.

2. What's the best lengthening mascara for eyelashes that clump easily. I swear my eyelashes clump without anything on. I've tried everything!

3. Définicils by Lancôme is pretty amazing!! Pricey but it was great at lengthening

4. I use maybeline lash sensational, it doesn't clump and I love it.
    As much as I love the maybeline one I think I'll try this out too, I love to try different products.

I could do with some tips for a good facial moisturiser, I don't want to have to deal with day/night if possible, I'll probably only put it on after the shower. Any takers?

5. Purity by Philosophy is friggin awesome.

It's so so gentle and creamy. I personally hate the feeling of washing your face and that squeaky clean, dry feeling. After washing my face with purity, my skin feels supple and moisturized! Yet somehow it takes off all my makeup??

It's a holy grail product in my book

• Like Like x 1
  6. Yeah I've tried coconut oil and I love it. I ordered it online from nutiva or something like that. But when I buy products for my body/hair/nails, I like to buy it in person so I can use it right away. Haven't seen any legit looking coconut oil in any of the pharmacys/targets I go to. But thank you for reminding me of it. Before I dreaded my hair I used coconut oil and it made my hair soooooo wavy and soft. Had me thinking I was Dominican lol but now that I've dreaded my hair, I've been using Garniers Argan Oil and it's amazing. Very thick oil but it's not greasy at all. I love it.

And I said 3 inches? Lol more like 1 inch, it's sort of an unofficial competition between my older brothers and I on who can grow their pinky nail the longest. Then we would do stupid shit like have sword fights with them Lol I think we do have an Ulta. I may have to take a trip to the mall

Always always always do base coat then top coat. Cant wait to teach my daughter these fundamentals.

I want to try gel nails tho, they look so pretty and shiny and apparently lasts a lifetime.

7. Doing your own gel nails is easy as peas. You should watch a tutorial on YouTube, the lamps are like £15 (whatever that is in $ I don't know) and you buy sets of gel polish that cost hardly anything either. Last time I got it done it lasted ages, would've lasted longer had it not been for me peeling them off.

8. I bought the Lancome mascara, will give it a proper go today, tired to put it on when I got home from work after picking off my daytime mascara, not a good look :laughing:

9. I like to mix coconut oil with baking soda as a skin cleanser. I use a 1:1 mix but if you have sensitive skin I would recommend a 2:1 one mix of coconut oil to baking soda. It sounds like it would leave your skin greasy but it does not at least for me. Your lucky ladies I will stop in here from time to time to help you out.

Now if you ladies can help me find a particular color of finger nail polish. It is a color from from Ford called Gotta have it Green. It is this color.

[​IMG]

With a sparkly yellow over coat. Would you suggest me finding a green that is close to this color and adding a light coat of sparkly yellow and if so could you recommend a clear over coat with a real fine and light glitter in it. This is for my wife just so you know.
    I bought her a '14 Grabber Blue Mustang and I found her matching finger nail polish no problem but I am having a hell of a time finding my color.

[​IMG]

I will see if I can find a picture of her nails matching her color.

Thanks in advance. Oh an Koochie try that mix out it does help me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. Oh to put it on rub it in and let it set for about five minutes then rinse it off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. #51 full melt, Jan 31, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 31, 2016

You shouldn't use baking soda in any way as a skin cleanser. Baking soda is akaline and will completely disrupt your skins acid mantle which is an basically acidic film secreted by your sebaceous glands that acts as a barrier to bacteria and other shit that can penetrate your skin. You want to keep your skin at an optimal PH level (4.5 - 6). Using an akaline exfoliator drops your PH way to low which not only damages your skin mantle, making you more susceptible to contaminants that essentially make your skin a bacterial breeding ground (think more acne/blackheads/whatever), but you're manually exfoliating that shit right into your skin causing further damage.

Using baking soda even once is enough to throw off your PH and the damage is cumulative so the longer you use it the worse off you will be.

Also, coconut is super comedogenic. You shouldn't use it on your face or any other acne prone areas.

• Like Like x 1
  12. OK I'm supa baked so not sure if this is what you want but for green like the car... View attachment 1454523039190.jpg

And glittery top coat, search for "opi rose of light"

You can also get a set of opi base and top coat which is very good. Hope this helps. View attachment 1454523066156.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  13. Does anyone use heat spray? I used to use it in high school but didn't notice much difference.

Debating if I should get back into using one when I style my hair with hot tools.

Currently I usually use a little bit of leave in conditioner from Macadamia or some Chi silk infusion but I wonder if i should add a heat spray to protect against damage.

My hair is getting insanely long and keeping it healthy is a big priority

14. I say yes! Especially if you've got highlights! I love the chi heat protectant. I have short short hair and I use it when I flat iron my hair. And it smells great. I make a smoothing "cocktail" using pureology smooth perfection and the silk infusion and it creates such a smooth blowout.

• Like Like x 1
  15. I tried the chi heat protectant years ago and remember not liking it but I'll try one out.

It's funny you mention silk infusion because I forgot I had half a bottle of that in my closet! I used it today on my wet hair and my blowout was SO SMOOTH. Why did I ever stop using that????

• Like Like x 1

16. as a hairstylist, it drives me nuts when people want their hair to look a certain way, but want to put zero effort into getting it that way. Like I just want to let it air dry, but want to look like Heidi Klumm...ain't happening honey! you at least put the effort in. I love the silk infusion.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Right? Im overdue for my next keratin but I forgot how great silk infusion is!

18. which Keratin treatment do you have done? I've tried several!! just did one saturday...4 long ass hours...:p

• Like Like x 1
  19. At my salon they call it 24 karat keratin.

It actually has formaldehyde in it which makes it last sooooo much longer

I did the Peter Coppola keratin a few years ago that didn't have formaldehyde and it didn't last more than 2 months

20. YES! all of the ones without it work for crap, I've had some success with Pravana Keratin Fusion. But yes it only lasts 10-12 weeks tops.

• Like Like x 1