Makeup, Beauty, Skincare

Discussion in 'Fashion & Lifestyle Trends' started by Madeenz, Dec 13, 2015.

1. There has got to be other stoners who love makeup and beauty!

There doesn't seem to be an active thread for this so I decided to make one for us to share tips, beauty products, and techniques!

XOXO

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  2. #2 Packerbackerforever, Dec 13, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 13, 2015
    Excellent idea!! I hit the bong and took a fabulous bath! Lavender milk bath exfoliated feet with Arbonne foot scrub and put on the yummy peppermint foot lotion, did my nails in Chi "ferry to liberty". Used a balancing gel face mask. Followed with Versace lotion. I am a product whore.

• Like Like x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. Hahah no worries I am the SAME way. Is there anything better than coming out of the shower and using your fave products?

I use a peppermint foot lotion from Lush that I adore!

I've been wanting to try out some new skincare products lately, but they are SO expensive to just buy to try out! On black friday I went to Ulta and picked this sample set up for like $10-15 bucks or so!

[​IMG]

I am in LOVE with the Purity face wash by Philosophy! It's so gentle but manages to get my 3+ coats of mascara + liquid eyeliner + eye shadow off!!!

• Like Like x 1
  4. Nothing better, all smooooooth....Damn Ulta and their samples! I of course fall in love and then have to buy full price items, they give you a lush urban decay mascara on your birthday and bam you're hooked. I'm like a kid in a any store at Ulta. Good to know on the face wash, I have only liked one eye makeup remover and that's MK oil free makeup remover. I'm always looking. I mix up my facial products, definitely not brand loyal. I love the whole say YES line too. I just used philosophy hand cream in lemon custard. I've been loving this bare minerals lip gloss too, it's minty and soooo moisturizing.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. What products do you like from the Say Yes To line? I bought the Say Yes to Blueberries facial cleansing wipes and they definitely fell flat compared to my expectations [​IMG]

6. I like the Say Yes to tomatoes cleanser and moisturizer and I like their grapefruit lip balm. I find the wipes just don't get your skin completely "splash your face in
    water "clean you Know? They're definitely good in a pinch. What about perfume! Let's talk perfume. omg you unleashed a beast over here. Jo Malone lime basil and mandarin is my fav.

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  7. That's exactly how I felt! I thought the wipes really didn't have enough power to take off any of my eye makeup. Also left like a filmy feeling on my skin after eeek

Never tried any Jo Malone scents! Currently wearing Couture Couture by Juicy Couture but that bottle is on its last few sprays.

Really don't know where to begin looking for a new fragrance. Not into super flowery or sweet scents.

Might go back to Marc Jacobs Daisy Eau So Fresh (pink bottle).

But I really want like a sexy, musky perfume. I've had enough of sugary sweet or floral perfumes!

8. I don't like sweet either! I like dolce and gabana light blue and Versace with the green cap. This jo Malone is unisex so it's just a clean scent. I buy samples on Amazon and then if I like I buy full sized. I smelled it on a friend of mine and had to try.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  9. I'll definitely check that out! There are a few Jo Malone stores here in the city that I can sample at. I love unisex scents! D&G had a line of them a few years ago, but I don't think they continue them today

10. Lucky! To be living in the city. You have everything!

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  11. Oh but the cost of living here is the tradeoff [​IMG]

Long gone are my days of just waltzing into Ulta/Sephora every week and buying to my heart's will

12. #12 Packerbackerforever, Dec 13, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 13, 2015
    This is true! I'd love to have access to Theatres. Or fuck just an Apple Store. Apple can't put a store in the states capital?

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  13. #13 Royksopp, Dec 19, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 19, 2015
    Sorry it took me so long to finally post here!

As Madeenz knows, I love makeup and skincare! I'm always looking to try new products, high end or drug store or hipster stuff (organic, handmade, "non-commercial"). I need a new skin care routine, I have some redness on my face and am still looking for a skincare routine that will target that. I also have combo/oily skin. During summer I'm oily but when it's winter my face is more dry...but still get some oil on my T-zone. My pores are also large, but I use the NYX pore filler (dupe of the Benefit Porefessional).

The foundation I'm using is the new Maybelline "Better Skin skin transforming" foundation and I love the stuff. It's not heavy, you can layer it, and it has Vitamin C that's suppose to help with dullness, redness, bumps, etc after 3 weeks. After having used it for over a month I can say it does help!

As far as perfume, I am currently using Viva La Juicy which smells so good! I bought a purse pen spray set at Macy's that brought that one, "I am Juicy Couture" and "Viva La Juicy Noir". I like all three, though I noticed that if you spray too much of I am Juicy Couture, you WILL get a headache. With Viva La Juicy I feel like I can spray that stuff on as much as I want and it'll never get too heavy. Regardless, all 2 smell great. I'm also a fan of the original Juicy Couture perfume.

Another great perfume is Paris Hilton by Paris Hilton, the one that's hot pink with black stripes. Every time I wear it I get complimented on it!

• Like Like x 2
  14. Have you ever use such cosmetics like here? that could be perfect for your skin.

15. I use Rimmel black liquid eyeliner, nothing special but I've been using it for about 10 years and I love it.
    For my lashes my current fave is maybeline lash sensational, my lashes are long but fine so this chunks them up and curls them - I never use lash curlers not into them at all.
    For my brows I use benefit brow zings, it's a wax and powder, but I only use the wax, I've almost run out though noooooooo I don't wanna have powder brows!
    Other than a swish of blush I don't use anything else daily, but if I go out...
    I'm not into foundation but I have a garnier BB cream which I use to even out the skin in case photos are taken... I don't use a powder over that though, should I?
    My fave lip colour is red, but I also like deep browny reds, I still need to figure out which suits me best, my skin tone changes daily from olivey to white af depending on how I feel I think.
    Perfumes I love issy myaki (sp?), Jean Paul Gautier (sp?) femme, and this year I'm getting paco rabanne olympea, can't wait it's such a beautiful scent. Daily I wear cheap ones like Britney Spears fantasy/midnight cos they're sweet and hub loves them, get lots of random compliments wearing those.

Great idea for a thread Madz. Look forward to getting some top tips!

16. Don't use lash curlers either, feel like they bend mine too much ahahah

I used to use that same bb cream! I buff some powder on over bb creams just to help it set better!

I use a NYX brow compact that is very similar to brow zings but a lot cheaper! I love using the wax and just brush a wee bit of powder over my brows occasionally. Idk, I don't do it often cause I haven't really mastered it. I feel like it just looks weird???

17. I don't remember why I started colouring my brows in but as soon as I started I couldn't stop. I mean they probably look like tattoos they're so uniform but I don't care, they're like eyeliner to me now couldn't leave the house without them painted on. After I posted on here I saw an ad on TV for wunderbrow might give that a go it's meant to stay on for a couple days (not that I'll be leaving it on!), will let you know if I go for it and update with pics! What are your brows like? Thick or thin? Benefit also do something called speedbrow my bestie uses that it's very natural looking you wouldn't be able to tell there was anything on them.

18. See that's the thing - my brows are neither thick not thin. I don't need to fill them, but they can be filled in with powder.

I think my problem is I haven't found the right shade and have tendencies toward filling them in too much, feeling like I look weird, and then end up taking it off.

I'm gonna check out the speedbrow since it pretty much makes it fool proof and easy!

19. I don't wear makeup but I do have a beauty regime and products that I buy for skin/hair care.

For my face in the mornings, I use clean & clear morning burst cuz the commercial convinced me I needed it. And I'll use Pond's face cream as a moisturizer.

At night, it gets more complicated. First I have to exfoliate the day away with an Apricot scrub. Then I'll lay a hot cloth over my face to get those pores opened and I use witch hazel with drops of vitamin e in it and wipe my face and neck down with it. And top it off with ponds moisturizer.

For my lips I just use cocoa butter or blistex in the pink container. Never blue. I used to buy Burt's Bees but $4 for lip balm? I think not.

I usually use eye liner (or anything really) to color in my brows a bit, but I'm going to check out the brow fillers Soozy talked about.

Now, for my hair, it's hard to find chemical free shampoos in the Hood so I stick to conditioners and cold water treatments. I use Silicon Mix every Saturday. Absolutely love it. Makes my hair soft like cashmere and it smells sooooo good. Dominicans got that right. Then I rub olive oil products in my hair. Keeps it shiny.

For my nails, I keep the nails on my left hand long because I like manicures and I use this Sally Henson cucumber melon cuticle remover that just makes my life so much easier. I also wear gloves when I do the dishes. I hate it when the side edge of my nails start cracking and flaking.

Do you guys have any recommendation for body lotion that's designed for really dry skin? I currently use Eucerin Intensive Care but I have to apply that like 3 times a day to keep my skin hydrated. Do you think drinking more water will help? I just started doing that like a week ago, haven't seen much improvement.

20. Oh, forgot to mention. I buy Tom Ford Noir cologne. Sometimes Velvet Orchid. So expensive but so much worth it. Like Madeenz I also don't like flowery scents too much but Velvet Orchids makes a strong case, idk how to explain it but it smells... mature? Noir is a male perfume but I buy it because it reminds me of my dad Lol