Makes you not care what others think

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by baurman, Jun 27, 2013.

1. I feel like when I'm medicated, I just do whatever I set my mind to do and not care what others think about me.  Which is how I want to be.  Compared to when I'm not, I move around a lot, hands in pocket, i feel insecure/nervous for no reason but that all goes away when I'm medicated.  I always worry about what others thought of me and tried to get eveyone to like me but realize that's impossible and not a way to live.  Like Bob Marley says, smoke the herb it reveals YOU to yourself. And damn it, I've discovered. 

2. That's very good! It is! However, I don't think it's healthy to rely on buds to make you not care what others think. I have this problem too, I care about what people see in me and how I appear, but I've been trying not to care myself. You should never care about what people think of you, unless it's something serious like hygiene or something. 

Just know you are you and everyone else doesn't matter! I'm glad the herb is helping though 

3. Yeah that is my problem. I always tried to be friendly to everyone because I just wanted everyone to like me and now since someone cussed me out, it felt werd and awkward. and buds just helped me understand the situation that if I just be my true self 100% and not care what people think about me, that's how it should be.  it doesn't matter how embarrassed i get or what i do because what other people say about me is their own reflections of what they want to see.  not who i truly am.  i am just learning more now that haters gonna hate so i'd rather just put myself out there as my 100% true me and not have to hide anything and have the people that hate me, hate me and the people who love me, absolutely love me for me.

4. Nah I'm not self conscious under the influence or clear-headed, I follow my inner monologue just like a Christian reads their daily scriptures. 

5. #5 A Rational Psychopath, Jun 27, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 27, 2013
    :huh:

6. #6 shaddytheman, Jun 27, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 27, 2013
    I was sorta was trying to make a comparison, I get my source of stimulation internally while the Christian gets their source of stimulation externally. 

7. :p I know, I know. Most Christians barely know the bible these days.

8. I think you should care about what people think, and build a good reputation for yourself. I also think you shouldn't care about what people think to the point of where you are changing facets of yourself to fit into their standards of normal.

I care about what people think about me only because I want to be a musician, and I can't exactly do that by stepping on peoples toes, being a complete douche bag, screwing people over. etc. etc. I can do that by building a good rapport with people, just being the overall friendly, nice, guy that I am.

9. sometimes you just gotta get insanely high by yourself in the dark

then you'll be a fucking man