Makeing Pollen??

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by SamODell, Dec 9, 2003.

1. you know pollen the yellow hash type stuff that crumbles in ya fingers no need to burn it?
    how do ya make it?
    is it just the pollen from the males plants thats what someone told me but i want to make sure cos im going to start growing soon and i wanna know if its worth keeping any males plants i get for the pollen cos i know its sells for quite abit where i live and i know alot of people who like to smoke it
    if anyone know of a guide on how to make/collect pollen could ya give me a link or somethin thanks..

2. if your talking about hash, its made up of the trichomes that develop on the buds. collect these glands and press them together, and thats hash.....

3. ive bought this stuff my dealer called pollen it was like hash but yellow and it crumbled in my fingers i wanna know how to make it. ive not seen anyone on the internet talk about it atall but nealy every pot smoker i know in real life know what it is. mayby we are talking about the same thing but you call it hash and i call it pollen?

what coulor is the hash you get brown or yellow?

round here ya can get
    good hash yellowybrown
    normal hash brown
    and pollen which is yellow kinda sandy coulor

has anyone tryed of heard of anyone smokeing the pollen from the male plants?
    if someone has some could ya try smokeing it and seeing if it gets ya high in anyway
    when i had it, it was a diffrent feling than from hash or skunk ive only had it once and i dident have much only a couple of joints so i cant realy describe the high.

4. the male pollen wont get you high..... the glands off of the buds will though, and is sometimes a yellow color....

5. hey i dont realy understand this thread.. altho i have smoked hash befor i thought it came from the leaves(?). Is there more tahn one kind of hash or more than one way to make it? bcuz ive never heard of making it out of the glands of bud. i have been smoking for quite a while and still am very unclear about this. can some one please summ it all up for me and explain what this is?

6. u can use buds, and leaves... also males plants... theres different methods to make them too..

theres water hash, bubble hash, honey hash (my Fav, but its really dengeras makeing it)...and etc... overgrow.com gots alot of info about makeing hash...latezz..

7. You make pollen by collecting the trichromes off of your plant and pressing them into A block.

8. Not pollen, you are describing hash.

Pollen and hash are two different things. If you want to make what your dealer has, you need to find out what it is.

Or possibly "pollen" is a slang for hash in certain places?

9. Yeh man where I live, pollen is considered a higher grade of hash but not different in the making process than the average. Most of the time its not a case of "This is pollen" but a case of "I think this is pollen. Sure we'll say it is anyway" if ya catch my drift. Don't always take a dealers word for it because they'll tell you anything to sell their product, even if you know them well.

10. Sorry man, was meant to say that we just call it pollen in the UK, it is indeed infact just good hash. The lighter types of hash like when hashmouf baked his homemade hash are what is reffered to as pollen around these parts... I smoke loads of it but we get Morrocan hash aswell which is darker but you can tease it apart in your hands.

11. QUOTE=Bongslinger;9234367]Yeh man where I live, pollen is considered a higher grade of hash but not different in the making process than the average. Most of the time its not a case of "This is pollen" but a case of "I think this is pollen. Sure we'll say it is anyway" if ya catch my drift. Don't always take a dealers word for it because they'll tell you anything to sell their product, even if you know them well.[/QUOTE]

I watched the Moroccans making lots of hash for years but no one over there
    would call that pollen. Male Hash ????
    http://forum.grasscity.com/outdoor-grow-journals/728732-2010-outside-monster-grow.html[

12. Nah, I think he's just referring to what I would call "blonde"...

13. Hash is made out of trichomes from the leaves around the buds on a mj plant, pollen is the dust that your left with, just pressed together into blocks, fluffs when you burn it. you would need to grow a hell of a lot of plants to get a worthwile amount, the ratio of bubble hash is something like 10 to 1, i.e you would need 100grams just to get 10 grams of bubble, so you can imagine how much you would need for pollen.lol
    Stick to growing bud, cant beat it...

14. Not following this logic. If the OP likes hash, that's his cup of tea. And in the end he isn't wasting anything -- you said it yourself that the hash is the trichomes from the plant, so you could look at the choice not as 10 grams vs. 100 grams but as 10 grams of trichomes concentrated together vs. 10 grams of trichomes stuck onto 90 grams of plant matter. Comes out the same except with the hash you save your lungs a helluva lot of carbon.

Turning my whole grow into hash isn't my preference, but I certainly can't fault it.

15. If what you say is true then I must be getting some potent hash because it wipes the floor with even the best "pollen" ive ever come across [Ive smoked alot of hash/pollen XD]
    Does anybody have any pictures of 'pollen' being made ? >:) =]
    Peace.

16. go to the harvesting/curing section there are multiple diy's how to make hash

Grasscity Deals Near You