Make your weed Stronger, must see!

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by jcj77d, Aug 14, 2007.

1. mordgrow many things come into the play during thc/trichome development, and can increasing trich production. lowering humidity will increase trich numbers IMO, but it's not the numbers were interested so much, as compared to what exactly those trichs are holding. meaning lowering humidity will increase trichs, but without the uv radiation you may be harvesting increased cbn, cbc and many other three letter compounds over the more psychoactive thc which seems to be directly connected to uv radiation in it's production..

uvb is found to directly effect thc levels over those other less psychoactive noids. Like not so much increasing the number of trichs, but directly effecting the thc levels over the less psychoactive compounds found in the trichs.

i think the whole goal is to recreate all the aspects that increase thc levels outdoors indoors, humidity, uv radiation, tempertatures, the whole 9 yards... make them as comfortable inside as they are in nature and thc will abound IMO.

2. mordgrow many things come into the play during thc/trichome development, and can increasing trich production. lowering humidity will increase trich numbers IMO, but it's not the numbers were interested so much, as compared to what exactly those trichs are holding. meaning lowering humidity will increase trichs, but without the uv radiation you may be harvesting increased cbn, cbc and many other three letter compounds over the more psychoactive thc which seems to be directly connected to uv radiation/light energy in it's production..

uvb is found to directly effect thc levels over those other less psychoactive noids. Not so much increasing the number of trichs (though it may), but directly effecting the thc levels over the less psychoactive compounds found in the trichs.

i think the whole goal is to recreate all the aspects that increase thc levels indoors, humidity, uv radiation, tempertatures, proper light energy/spectrum- the whole 9 yards... make them as comfortable/natural indoors as they are in nature and thc will abound IMO.

example indica strains naturally contain more trichomes per mm of bud space over sativa, but also contain less psychoactive thc as compared to other noids such as cbn, cbc etc. sativas have less trichomes per mm, but much higher levels of the active compound thc over the less psychoactive noids the indicas contain higher percentages of.. inidcas grow in mostly dry/hot climates where as sativas grow in more tropical/humid/higher uv locations.

3. Shortly after reading this thread I went to the pet store to see what kind of UVB lights they had. When I considered adding the UVB cfl reptile lights to my grow, it seemed as though it would take a lot of them for adequate coverage of just a few plants, and that it would become rather cumbersome, so I didn't buy any.

Later I went to Lowe's on a different errand and saw that they had blacklight fluorescent tubes, so I bought a couple plus a shoplight fixture and just installed it in my grow closet. Blacklights produce UVB, don't they?

It seems to me like this should work fine, but does anyone else have any opinions on it?

4. I have a 26w 10.0 uvb uva bulb, it's on top of the seedlings, I'm going to use it for the entire grow, and probably pick up some stronger bulb that are similar.

5. thanks, yeah i did not mean any disrespect at all. I was just blazed, i think mister postman is a god among insects (which i've said before). He grows some great stuff for good reasons, i respect him for that. Sorry if anyone was offended, continue the discussion....:D