make your own herb grinder!

Discussion in 'Other Smoking Accessories' started by GreenDazed42, Oct 18, 2003.

1. Just put it in a pill box and cut it up with scissors i use this every time and its just the same as a grinder

2. One time I was fried and made a grinder that was pretty sick... All I did was get some screen (like window or door screen), push it down into a pill bottle so that it was hanging over the edges still, then just put the bud in and use the ass end of a pen to grind it up, the you have little nuggs in the screen for bowls and gaps, and kief in the bottoms for joints, then scrape your finger along the bottom and lick it for some yummy crystals :)

3. Real talk, i got the same problem. I was thinking of using my roommate's 'magic-bullet'(tm) Grinder.

4. I'm pretty sure using your fingers isn't the best idea. I was under the impression that lots of the trichomes will get stuck to your fingers. I know when i've tried it, my fingers always got pretty sticky

As for a grinder vs scissors, i think you'll get the most out of a grinder if you have a vape, since vaping is much better with very finely ground bud. When you smoke, you can get away with some chunks in the bowl.

I still say get a grinder anyways, even if you only smoke. The only reasons not to are the price, and you may think that you'd rather smoke your kief as you go, rather than collect it. But, i think it would be more fun to collect a good amount of it, for topping bowls, making hash and whatnot.

5. you guys brought this thread back from the dead

6. i have a garlic mincer, but its just like a 2 piece plastic grinder. got it brand new for free

7. New update om my no grinder status. I've been using this plastic strainer type thing used to catch poached eggs. I take that, and grind it side to side over my stash tin.

Attached Files:

8. use a cheap coffee grinder.

9. i know this is a bit old, but getting a pill bottle or some bottle with a cap, putting your weed in it, then putting a nickel or penny in it, then shaking works pretty good. helps even more if you put say nickel, weed, then another nickel, and shaking around.

10. Get a round tobacco tin and 2 australian 50cent coins ( 10 sided shape).
    Throw the coins in the tin, throw your bud in the tin.
    Shake shake shake.
    Noisy but works great
    (any heavy coins will do)
    Oz

11. Get a deep bowl, pour in weed, chop with scissors until fine enough and run a card over the scissor blades if it's nice bud for a little bowl topper.

12. i used my vita mix blender , it worked fuckin great. put like a QP in there it ground that shit up right quick.

13. Cut a aspirin bottle in half. Put thumb tacs on the bottom (pointy part inside half) the put tacs through the lid (facing outward) then but herb in bottom turn top upside down and twist away

14. Take an old pill bottle and clean it out,then wash a nickel or penny with alcohol and put it in there with your weed and shake it up