Make Your Own EM (Lacto Bacillius)

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by howmanymoreyrs, Aug 17, 2010.

1. WOW! Been gone a few months, and I'm happy to see the great interest in this process...keep the good stuff coming everyone! BTW, I'm going to revive another thread that is a perfect adjunct to what's going on here...keep up the good work all and grow big!

2. holynazi

That would be and is a very good topic of discussion to be sure.

Having said that can we 'possibly' or 'perhaps' agree to disagree to set-aside any benefits (real or imagined) from the carbohydrate component?

Just as a favor perhaps? LMAO

LD

3. #44 Ganjagoonie, Feb 27, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 27, 2012
    Bump! Just got my rice wash started last night. Anyone else think this thread would make a good sticky? It's an oldie but a goodie.

4. Too many good threads, not enough room for stickies. ;)

Thanks for bumping this. Now bookmarked. I'll be sure to post when I get around to making some lacto smoothies. :D

5. This thread is awesome i definitely plan on trying this. how bad does the jar stink while fermenting? as in would i be able to smell it horribly in my room if its in my closet? thanks for any input

6. So far my rice wash doesn't smell at all but I'm only 48 hours along. I don't think it will get too smelly. It will probably be fine in your closet.

7. So are lacto serum and EM-1 basically the same thing? I am confused between the difference. Can I do everything with the lacto that I can do with EM-1? EM-1 is basically lacto serum, but it's commercially made right? I understand that the two have different strains and that the homeade stuff captures native cultures from the air rather than using strains from whatever part of the world the EM-1 comes from. Can I make bokashi with this homeade lacto?

8. [quote name='"Irie67"']So are lacto serum and EM-1 basically the same thing? I am confused between the difference. Can I do everything with the lacto that I can do with EM-1? EM-1 is basically lacto serum, but it's commercially made right? I understand that the two have different strains and that the homeade stuff captures native cultures from the air rather than using strains from whatever part of the world the EM-1 comes from. Can I make bokashi with this homeade lacto?[/quote]

Look for the thread "make your own EM" someone just bumped it. It has all your answers.

9. Irie67

Anything that you might use EM-1 for like bokashi bran, FPE, et al. can be made with your BIM (lacto serum)

HTH

LD

10. Awesome thanks LD. That's what I wanted to hear. I've been reading a lot about this topic lately but just could not get my head wrapped around that

11. [quote name='"SoooHaggard"']

Look for the thread "make your own EM" someone just bumped it. It has all your answers.[/quote]

We're already in that thread man.. haha someone take away his bong!

12. [quote name='"Ganjagoonie"']

We're already in that thread man.. haha someone take away his bong![/quote]

Haha I just noticed that. 4 14hour cooking doubles in a row. If anything someone bring me a bong!!

• Like Like x 1
  13. Just a Lurker who had to chime in to say thanks. After Trolling this organic forum for a long time, and reading 'Teaming with Microbes' Things are looking way up...and tasting much better :p

• Like Like x 1
  14. Irie67

Go here and read Post #307 and most of your questions about EM-1 will be answered.

Once you're wrapped your brain about the specific lacto cultures in EM-1 then it will be easy to explain how you can add 600+ lacto strains with a trip to the grocery store and about $8.00 - maybe.

LD

15. Ok LD,
    Im ready for more. Ive read about the specific strains in that thread as well Ive read Gil's Rice-wash, then milk, then molasses Lacto Serum. What else you got for me?

16. Irie67

A couple of fermented foods from Asia that are loaded with several strains are miso - fermented soybeans, Kim Chee - fermented cabbage or any vegetable if you have a store that handles a wide range of Korean food items, soy sauce, et al. You want organic, non-GMO on the miso and soy sauce which isn't that big of a deal.

You would add these about 2 weeks into the fermentation cycle in making your lacto serum. It's about diversity.

HTH

LD

17. #58 Irie67, Mar 1, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 1, 2012
    I'll go with the soy sauce. Ive already got that in the cabinet. 1/4 cup do ok?

When you add the soy, does anything change about the way you store it. I wasn't planning on keeping it in the fridge. I doubt the wife will go for it. I was gonna add molasses and store in my cool basement

18. 1/2 tsp. will take care of business - it's about inoculating. The colonies in your mix will determine the priority, i.e. not all strains will survive equally.

HTH

LD

19. You would add these about 2 weeks into the fermentation cycle in making your lacto serum. It's about diversity.

Im confused. It says to ferment for 5-7 days