Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Make kief hash or hash?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by ohaiwill, Mar 15, 2010.

1. I got a decent amount of keif saved up and I've been planning on just putting it in my pollen press to make a sweet sweet little kief cookie. Would there be any advantage to making real hash instead? Or can I somehow heat up the pollen press with the kief in there? thanks blades

2. no, there is no advantage, per se. I prefer to take my kief straight up to the face. No press, no hash, no bullshit. Just the goodness in its' plain essence.

3. You get all of the resins from the leaves (trichomes form from the resins) with hash-hash, instead of just the trichomes. More resins/cannabinoids=more of a body high.

I say do real hash

4. And how do you suggest making real hash? heating it and compressing it somehow or a qwiso/extract method?

5. There is no advantage...all the psychoactive material is located in the resin heads, not on the leaf surface.

6. #6 Caribbeanbreeze, Mar 16, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 16, 2010
    Now that I look back at the thread, you don't have leaves to make real hash, so it's either kief or compressed kief. Sorry haha, it didn't register when I read that part

Trichomes are a build up of resins. The same compounds are in the resin that are on the leaves, because it's the same resin as what makes up the trichome proper. The head has a lot of THC, yeah, but there are other cannabinoids in the lower resins, which give you more of a body high than a head high (which THC does).

Hash oil, Budder, Bubble Hash, etc.. extract the oils and resins from the leaf surfaces ALONG WITH the trichomes. That's why it's such an intense high

Edit
    Ever had a sticky bud? Yeah, that's the resins on the leaf surface stickin to you

Edit numero dos
    Ever trimmed buds? The scissors get sticky as fuck because of all of the leaves your choppin' off have resin on them. Visible with the naked eye or not, it's still there

bewerk nummer twee (Edit number three in dutch :D)
    Vaporizers burn the resins on the leaves along with the trichomes. That's why the tube gets brown yo.

7. Trichomes are hair like structures with bulbs on the end, they are not a build up of resins and they are not found solely on cannabis, the trichomes on cannabis , however, are the only ones to contain psychoactive chemicals.

There are no psychoactive chemicels located in the stalk of the trichome, it's all in the head. Sam Skunkmans 99.9% pure dry sift is all heads.

There are no psychoactive resins on the surface of the leaf, it's all in the resin heads. Hash oil and concentrates of the like are so potent because the solvent used is so strong and separates psychoactive material from plant tissue so effectively, not because they get extra resins from the plant.

Yes. Those resins are the trichomes you see.

Trim my own harvests and put in time with my local Coop, those resins that make the blades stick are trichomes buddy.

If your vaporizer whip is turning brown the temp is too high, that brown stuff is resin like the stuff that forms on your bong bowl.