Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Make Hemp Oil Cheap and Easy!

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by ThePhantom, Aug 25, 2010.

1. That's right, ReallyRed. And I have talked to several people who said they can't get high from smoking anymore because they've had so much oil. But hey, if you can cure your cancer and not get high anymore, I think it's a pretty good trade off. And besides, I'm sure you could get high from smoking again if you take a good T-break.

2. true... and without the fear of cancer or other nasty diseases, you can actually have the peace of mind to enjoy it!

3. Yes, if you have a disease, smoking cannabis is no longer enjoyable. It is just something people do to try to alleviate the pain. That's what Prohibitionists do not understand, and their lack of compassion angers me so much. When you are in pain, there is little happiness to be found. Your mind is always on the pain, and it steals your life. Truly sad...

4. that's kinda one of the reasons why i hope that i can treat my anxiety with normal pharmaceuticals. yes, i know i could benefeit from cannabis, but i want to be able to enjoy it when i choose to... now, that being said if i go through all the possible options to control it and it turns out that cannabis is the only thing that will do the most positive stuff to me and my body, then yeah... but, that's a last resort.

though, in all fairness, i am very leery of pharmaceuticals. i've been on Xanax and Lorazepam and to be frank, as much as they do work, the side effects and risks i'm taking (addiction and withdrawl symptoms as well as what it does to my liver and kidneys) when i do scare me more than the people outside my door (i've developed agoraphobia as a result of my anxiety... it sucks hardcore, but at least when i'm at home i am in my "safe zone.")

5. hey is there a more detailed video on this M.E.T.H.O.D MAN? nah for real like a video of someone doing it maybe?

6. back to the vaping for oil that chick should check out the coldfinger from edenlabs.org:eek:

7. You should be a little more detailed in your request. :rolleyes:

Do you mean Rick Simpsons methods? A lot of the mods and regulars would poke you in the side and say " use the search". That would take a simple search for something like, Rick Simpsons oil and the search would reveal some pretty good info;

Grasscity.com Forums - Search Results

Pay especiall attention to the Race for the Cure thread to find video links which could also be found by using the same search request in Google or another search interface, (same thing with a goofy twist :))

Let me google that for you

Ok, sorry about that but you can even google "let me google that for you and create a tiny url; the best part is - it is actually a good Google search. :smoking:

If you wanted to directly get good info on making oil for recreational (or medicinal use) check out August Wests, OSG's and others in this area;

Incredible, Edible Herb - Grasscity.com Forums

Chit what happened to some of the stickies? Or am I too high again? I thought AugustWest's Oil was stickied? Anyways a nice section to read. :smoking::wave:

8. I'm going to send this video to EVERYONE I know!

9. Thanks for all the support, and good job budlover sending this to people. And ICGreen that "Let me google that for you" is just plain awesome!! I am going to use that.

10. Thanks, sometimes it is that semi-evil, semi-humorous side of humanity that hits the spot. :wave::smoke:

11. That's good. By the way, anybody who sees this, please Digg this page so that more people can learn about Shona!

12. cool video,didn't know hash can be made so quickly with that type of vaporizer :eek: I might have to buy one:smoke:

13. So is or has anyone making hemp oil as shown in the video using the dome vaporizer? I'm tempted to give it a whirl but would like to hear from someone on the board first.

I'm also curious if it smells while waiting for the vapor to dissipate while the oil is forming. Assuming it is a tight seal to prevent vapor from escaping would think the smell would remain in the dome as well.

14. ok lets get something straight here people, time to use the language we all agreed on,
    there are no health benefits of "not inhaling smoke" if anything its less damaging but it doesnt make your lungs better

15. i'm relatively new and don't recall agreeing to said 'language'. Can you provide a link?

what about reduced tar & heat? my throat sure does feel better with edibles or vaping as opposed to 'blazing'. :D

16. #56 budlover13, Jul 13, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2011

You were corrected because regardless of how you put it into your body, if you are taking it into your lungs it is a hazard rather than a benefit. It would've been more correct to say something like "aside from the reduced harm from not inhaling the smoke".

Kind of a thing you have to be clear on when degating someone regarding the issue of cannabis as medicine. Trust me.:(

That being said, welcome to the City! LOTS of good info here. i suggest checking out Granny Storm Crow's MMJ list when you have a month or two to read lol! GOOD info!

*gotta copy and save that link!*

17. ... umm, i think i would have to question the air you're breathing if "not inhaling smoke" is damaging to your lungs.

still, vaping is healthier than smoking, that i'm sure we can all agree on.

18. I had a couple of friends back in the 70's that had a device to make hash oil, here is a basic layout (was something you could buy from high-times magazine back then IIRC.)

[​IMG]

may have been more too it, but the process was just a means to 'distill' vapors to get a pure oil. The method was used for a few hundred years with glass, ice and fire for heat...old old school stuff.:)

Anyone have any idea if these are still around, and what they were named? I know there is a 'name' for the type of distilling this is, but having a brain fart and can't recall it..:eek:

19. Has anyone else beside Shona created oil from themselves and has had it heal them?

I have Crohn's disease and would like for the pain to go away and don't like to take medications with all their side affects. My pain is increasing and pentesa is not really doing anything. I keep reading that the mj oil is in its purest thc form. Does the oil have the getting high properties like when you smoke or vaporize or not? I mainly want the cb1 receptors out of the THC to heal my colon and would rather stay away from the high feeling so I can medicate while working without feeling funny. Why is it better to have the oil than to vaporize as far as healing goes? If anyone can tell me that would be much appreciated. I really want to get better. Plus what type of pill capsules do you need to buy?