Make a forum for States

Discussion in 'General Forum Feedback' started by Cadillac Please, Jan 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I think it would be a good idea to have threads (or what ever there called) for each state and then with in that have the major cites so we can all chat with locals. May be a lot of work tho but in my opinion it would be epic.

2. There is most likely a group for your state already

3. I tired searching but i got board and stopped. I was just thinking of making it easier to find.

4. Regional forums would be nice, but really unwieldy in terms of size. Don't forget that GC is a GLOBAL board and we have users from pretty much everywhere that people have access to the Internet.

I wouldn't be surprised if we had at least one member in the Artic.

5. True True. So then forget about the cities and just make a forum** for the US and under that have sub forums for each state then just do the same for europe and asia or what ever. I like to talk to people in my state and would rather do so not just under one thread cause that will just get confusing having a bunch of people form Florida all talking about different stuff in one thread.

6. Like others said, having a forum for each state or even just each country that people visit here from would be an absurd amount of forums.

Even like you said, having a forum for the US and then sub-forums? That's 50 sub-forums, man, not even counting all the sub-forums for other countries. That's quite a lot to deal with. :p

But like redhat11 said, Social Groups are perfect for that kind of thing. It's basically the same thing as having a forum for your state, but it won't clog up the main forums page.

You can visit the Social Groups here: http://forum.grasscity.com/groups/

If there is not one for your state, you're more than welcome to make one. :wave:

7. then do a regional sections and a international section

8. Yes, keep telling them what to do after they've said no and explained why. They looove that and it's sure to work.

9. It's not something we've ever wanted to do. Thanks for the suggestion though. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.