Majority of West Coast wants legal pot

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by Madrid, Feb 20, 2009.

1. It doesnt depend on where you live, it depends on how many people know about MJ's harmlessness and/or benifits.

2. Yeah... who in their right mind thought it would be a good idea to put "It depends on where you live" on that survey? What does that prove??????

3. No it's like

If West coast was its own country and held a vote for it than it would be legalization time. If East coast was its own country and held a vote than it wouldn't be legalization time (cause not enough support over there). So it does matter where you live.

4. what is the whole countries percentage? Must be verrry close

5. Maybe it's just me but, I'm pretty sure that big circle in the middle explains that.

6. I was thinking that was central USA.

7. I think one thing that is probably at play here is that the vast majority of Americans don't give this a lot of thought, nor have they seen the economic studies of how prohibition strains our already limited resources and how the country could benefit if it were repealed. Even without that at their disposal, a great number of Americans STILL want it to be legal. I think if more discussion (and facts) made their way to the mainstream media, that would probably tip the scales in favor of prohibition repeal. Economics and safety (such as the worsening cartel violence) are going to be the things even older generations can appreciate. They could give two shits about the relative safety and health benefits strangely enough. So an onslaught of info pertaining to economic benefit in light of our recent and growing economic woes seems to be the best way to push a legalization agenda, just like in the 30's with the repeal of alcohol prohibition. They say that history repeats itself, and it certainly appears to be a "re-run" when alcohol and drug prohibition are compared. Unfortunately, the violence is much greater and more widespread this time than was the case with alcohol.

8. I think if our nation returns to econonomic prosperity we won't have a chance. But since I don't think that will happen, and our dollar will continue to inflate for many, many years, it will be inevitable that marijuana will have to become another source of income for our government.

9. Come on East coast, we need 51% or more! :p

10. Haha. Reminds me of what that old dude from Children of Men said: "government hands out suicide kits and anti-depressants in the rations, but the ganja is still illegal"