Major PH drops in DWC, please help.

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by ponduzn, Jan 19, 2016.

1. Back to the roots , they look good to me , gh stain roots light brown , and just feed your plants slow ,

2. If you can post a pic of the roots. From everything I know about your grow, you shouldn't be having these issues, but there are other ways to get pathogens, such as root rot/pythium.
    Yeah, i know about the slight staining, as I now only use GH (or AN's immitation JJ) The thingbis, i never get that staining for some reason. I don't know if ya ever seen how dark the Lucas formula can get, but it looks like fruit punch. Heres a pic of one of my SOG plants against pearlite (root zone) using the Lucas at full strength.
    It's an awsome way to get great yields just using 600's
    It's just about training, GENETICS, and keeping it REAL simple feeding wise. This little cup yielded over oz dry, and I can fit a bunch of these cups under a 600. Maybe in the future ill run a few tables under 1k's, using a botanicare 4x4 tables. I have no doubt I'll easily surpass my all time yield. On yop, the quality is MAD good. Oh, another key is having your clones healthier after they root, than when they're first cut. They should actually grow, and if the way you do your clones is dialed in, ya should always get 100% (even if making a few k clones ) I attatched a pic a few days after roots popped out. They go straight to flower from there.
    As you can see, the roots have that nice milky color.

Attached Files:

3. Buds from thoes cups. 1/3 of the bottom is stripped of all sucker branches, however I never remove a fan leaf. They're necessary solar panels for the flowers. IF a fan leaf is blocking a cola (shouldn't happen with an even canopy) i will tuck it under. I breed mycstrains, so trim time is minimal. I HATE TRIMMING, and i won't use machines
    That cola came from that cup. Still had another 10 days till harvest at that point (it swelled up nicely)
    I can't work with leafy bud. I don't see how thoes outdoor cali growers do it. That's hard work

Attached Files:

4. Yes ph was dropping, most likely due to salt buildups, and possibly overfeeding.
    My EC did not rise, it was stable, while ph dropped, EC only rose, once i used only tap water, 0.18 EC.
    I have a hard time to believe i had some root zone disease, since i used plenty of hydroguard, isnt that supposed to prevent, and or keep any problems in check ? :S
    and i were really clean every rez change, using isopropanol(rubbing alcohol), to wipe down rez after a good cleanout, and let it evaporate after.
    but it sucks i couldnt get to use DMZone, didnt get it in time to check if it helped, then i couldve rule it out completely if that were the case :)
    yeah, its a struggle, had to use 1.5ml ph-up everyday, pr container, just to get the ph back up to 6.0ish..
    my plants were looking pretty ok id say, for about 1 month of the ph dropping, but 1 of them looked somewhat stunted tho.
    my tap water has a ph of 7.2-7.3 most of the time :) european water is quite clean :)

5. Do a search for Pythium symptoms, or root rot.
    The hydrogaurd is good stuff (not as good as Aqua Shield) it's preticesor that they no longer produce. Anyways, if it were there, killing it is nearly impossible, and wiith ph drops that extreme. .I can't think of any possibilities. There are people who know more than me when it comes to botany, and cannabis, however, this is my life. Things like this isn't very complicated, and I've been through it. I somehow did pull through, as the strain of Pythium I had must have not been as severe as others, but it was a BITCH. It was also a GREAT learning experience. Hopefully I'm wrong, and not to sound like a know itvall, this is a pretty easy disease to diagnose. For my own selfish reasons I hope you do have something else, as it would be something new I could learn from, and may save me a full crop one day.
    Good lucj, and please keep me/us informed

6. Believe me, ive searched all i could find on pythium, cuz all the answers i found to my problem, were either "pythium, tap-water, salt-buildup, bad bacteria" and so on..
    Yeah i get that Hydroguard would not kill it, but i were informed it would keep it in check. and in my country, i couldnt get H2O2, to attempt to treat it, due to someone making a bomb or whatever with that as an ingredient, so its illegal with the food grade stuff.
    Sure, i wont say i Didnt have it, but i find it hard to believe, as the PH rose again with plain water, wouldnt it still drop if i had pythium ?
    Whatever the problem really were, it would be hard to figure out at this moment, since my babies are dead(due to the power-cut), so from this point on, it would be only specualtion, right ?
    Thanks for your input [​IMG]