Major MOLD problem ruining whole crop!!!

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by starvinmarvin, Oct 6, 2006.

1. My girls have been curing for not even a week and I've lost 3/4 of the take to mold. I've trimmed them and they are hanging to dry in a closet but everytime I look there is more MOLD!! Some of it looks like white spider webs but no mites (had that problem and kicked it before this). The worst of it is grey mold that is very moist and seems to prey on the top buds first then works it way down the whole stalk. I've put a fan in to try and reduce any moisture but I need some fast advice from anyone that may have experienced this before.
    Take it easy and thanks for any advice.
    Starvinmarvin

2. well you said you were curing, you cant cure wet weed. it has to dry enough so mold cant grow. ive seen regular old white rice added to curing jars, rice absorbs water quickly and doesnt let it go, you could try that. or like you are doing fan dry until the mold stops spreading. the benefit of the rice is that it doesnt spread its "taste" to anything.

pics would be helpful if you want a better answer from someone who might happen to know a lil more than i, theres a lot of em around here.

3. High starv! That happend to me and it WAY sucks. If you want to save the smoke. quick dry it in the oven and freeze it. it of course WONT be cured. but it wont be moldy either. You can still smoke it straight from the freezer, its just a little harsh-er than normal. I hope that helps. Peace and GL, TBug

4. I like to hang dry mine inside of a cardboard box from a string with the side cut out and fan on low to circulate the air before trying to store into jars. Cut off all the mold don't let your buds touch one another. Cut off all access fan leafs. I thought my buds were dry before too and put them into jars and BLAMF! mold! They just needed more time to dry.

Better Luck next time

5. Is it best to have the fan directly on the buds, revolving, or facing away from the bud?

6. I like a "Low setting" and oscillating.